How to Make a Popsicle Stick and Straw Compass
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 19, 2019
Want to draw perfect circles in varying sizes? You can make your own fun and versatile compass at home with 2 Popsicle sticks and an extra wide straw. This useful tool is easy to make and costs next to nothing.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 compass
- 1 extra wide straw
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- hot glue gun with glue
- rubber bands
- Cut your straw into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Place a strip of hot glue along one side of a Popsicle stick.
- Lay the straw segments down onto the hot glue.
- Add another strip of hot glue onto the other Popsicle stick.
- Place it glue-side down onto the straws. Hold in place for 10 seconds.
- Place whatever writing instruments you'd like inside the straws to make circles. You can also use one chopstick and one writing instrument if you'd like to make a circle without a spot in the center. Use a rubber band at the top to secure the instruments together. You may use one under the straws, too, if necessary.
- Place the writing instruments closer together to make smaller circles. (The further apart, the bigger the circle.) I like to hold the center point instrument with a hard grip outside the Popsicle sticks. This ensures a nice no-slip circle.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.