Popsicle Stick and Straw Compass
Want to draw perfect circles in varying sizes? You can make your own fun and versatile compass at home with 2 Popsicle sticks and an extra wide straw. This useful tool is easy to make and costs next to nothing.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 1 compass
- 1 extra wide straw
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- hot glue gun with glue
- rubber bands
- Cut your straw into 8 equal sized pieces.
- Place a strip of hot glue along one side of a Popsicle stick.
- Lay the straw segments down onto the hot glue.
- Add another strip of hot glue onto the other Popsicle stick.
- Place it glue-side down onto the straws. Hold in place for 10 seconds.
- Place whatever writing instruments you'd like inside the straws to make circles. You can also use one chopstick and one writing instrument if you'd like to make a circle without a spot in the center. Use a rubber band at the top to secure the instruments together. You may use one under the straws, too, if necessary.
- Place the writing instruments closer together to make smaller circles. (The further apart, the bigger the circle.) I like to hold the center point instrument with a hard grip outside the Popsicle sticks. This ensures a nice no-slip circle.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!