How to Make a Speedy Recovery Card

Category Cards
This card is a handmade variation on the generic get well cards found in stores. You can make it more specific, as in this card for someone having hip surgery. Learn how to create your own version using the instructions offered below.

You don't really find cards relating to surgery or have a speedy recovery, in the card aisle. Common cards are the general get well, feel better soon. Regardless - making a card (or any card) is much more thoughtful and sentimental!

You can apply this same concept (with the Bandaid) on a different area on the person having surgery, but I do hope no one will have to have surgery and are well!

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 1 card

• cardstock paper
  • Sharpie
  • printable image
  • glue stick
  • heart sticker
  • magazines
  • scissors

1. I went on the internet and searched "hip outline" because that is the surgery my dad will be having (hip replacement). Then, I printed a photo out.
  2. Advertisement

3. Since I printed with "draft" mode to save ink, I went ahead and went over the outline with a sharpie.
  4. Carefully cut out the image.
  5. Using glue stick, glue down the image.
  6. Place a Band-Aid on the area you hope to have a speedy recovery and get well soon.
  7. Advertisement

8. Ready to write on the card. You can write with your handwriting, use stickers, stamps, print out or for me I individually searched and clipped letters from old magazines.
  9. Glue down the letters individually and for finishing touches, I added a heart cardboard sticker. Then, I will pass the card out for my family to all sign.

Crafts Paper CardsJune 19, 2020
👔
🎆
🐛
😷
🌻
😎