CardsPaper

How to Make a Speedy Recovery Card

Vote for this contest contender!

You don't really find cards relating to surgery or have a speedy recover, in the card aisle. Common cards are the general get well, feel better soon. Regardless - making a card (or any card) is much more thoughtful and sentimental!

You can apply this same concept (with the Bandaid) on a different area on the person having surgery, but I do hope no one will have to have surgery and are well!

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 1 card

1. I went on the internet and searched "hip outline" because that is the surgery my dad will be having (hip replacement). Then, I printed a photo out.
  2. Since I printed with "draft" mode to save ink, I went ahead and went over the outline with a sharpie.
  3. Carefully cut out the image.
  4. Using glue stick, glue down the image.
  5. Place a Band-Aid on the area you hope to have a speedy recovery and get well soon.
  6. Ready to write on the card. You can write with your handwriting, use stickers, stamps, print out or for me I individually searched and clipped letters from old magazines.
  7. Glue down the letters individually and for finishing touches, I added a heart cardboard sticker. Then, I will pass the card out for my family to all sign.

Very sweet card. :) I'm wishing your dad the best!