How to Make a Tropical Fish from Shells
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 22, 2019
I used a scallop shell and a couple of pistachio shells to make this tropical fish. You can add a magnet to the back and put it on your fridge to hold up your notes and drawings. Super cute!
Total Time: 35 minutes plus dry time
Yield: 1 fish
- 1 scallop shell
- acrylic paint (2 colours and 1 black)
- 2 pistachio shells
- hot glue gun with glue
- crystal gem or googly eye
- Paint the main part of the scallop shell with your base colour. Allow to dry.
- The 2 little triangles will be the fish's tail. Paint that in your 2nd colour. Allow to dry.
- Paint the outside of the pistachio shells the same colour as the tail. Allow to dry.
- Glue 1 pistachio shell to the side as a fin. Glue the other on top as as dorsal fin.
- Glue the gem or googly eye to the front.
- Use black paint to make eye details, a mouth, and some lines on the fins. Allow to dry.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.