Hummingbird on a Perch

I saw the picture of a hummingbird from Pat from Sweetwater, TX. I, too, had the good fortune to capture a hummingbird, one cool morning while he was sitting on top of the feeder.

By Jan from Springfield, MN

Answers:

Hummingbird on a Perch

I'm so surprised by all these pictures showing hummingbirds at rest. I've never been able to even see one, except in flight, and only two or three times in my whole 63 years! However a couple of days ago, I went to go out my patio door and was startled by a hummingbird, who quickly flew away. This is wonderful. They are one of the most aloof creations of all, aren't they? I'll bet they don't live too long since they have such small wings and have to work so hard to stay in the air, much less move from place to place with such precision. Thank You, God, for allowing us to get up close to a Hummingbird. : ) (09/29/2006)

By Lynda

Hummingbird on a Perch

If you have feeders, you will have hummingbirds. Many times, they perch in front of my kitchen window and look back at us. Yesterday, we found a baby hummer on the ground. I placed it close to the feeders and its mother found it. It has been feeding the baby all morning. (08/24/2009)

By userstewarl