I Never Promised You a Rose Garden (Quilt)

I made this rose themed quilt using the "quilt by the square" method of quilting and rose print and coordinating colored fabric scraps.

Total Time: 10

Yield: 1

1. Design the layout for your quilt squares and rectangles using scraps of rose themed fabric and coordinating colored fabric. For the square in the second picture, I had some strips of rose fabric I sewed around the rose print square. I also used these same strips around the border of the quilt. I cut the other squares and smaller rectangles out of pink, yellow, and green fabric scraps and made a border using green from the 1 1/2 yard of green fabric.
  2. Advertisement

3. After the pieces have been cut out of the fabric, cut out scraps of batting the same size as the fabric squares and rectangles. Pin the batting to the wrong side of your fabric to hold it together while machine quilting. Machine quilt designs on each square or rectangle. Here I did straight lines and "x's" for my quilt design.
  4. Piece by piece, sew the quilted pieces together, row by row, adding the rose print strips and green fabric as a border. Cut the bottom/backing of the quilt according to size of top, allowing 1 to 2" for a binding border. Pin with large safety pins to hold the layers together. Hand tie in the corners of the squares with yarn to hold the top and bottom together.
  5. Advertisement

6. Fold in excess fabric of bottom/backing of quilt and pin to top. Hand stitch around perimeter of quilt using the blind stitch.

Crafts Quilting PatchworkMay 19, 2020
👔
🎆
😎
😷
🌻
🐛

Generated 2020-05-24 09:24:15 in 871 msecs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

PatchworkQuilting