Ideas for School Talent Show Acts

What is a good idea for a talent show skit?

By junebugg

Best Answer

I partnered with a friend in junior high and we did a song vocally and in sign language. It went over really well. It would also be fun to act out a favorite book or write a script that parodies pop culture (ex Twilight, etc). I've also seen a skit where the performer did a kind of how-to speech, then demonstrated his skill (juggling).

Anonymous

That's creative great job
Cccccccooooonnnnngggggrrrraaaattttssss

Best Answer

Kids at our school have sometimes acted out songs while one kid lip synced to the tune. These usually have to be some kind of novelty song. The one I remember was a fellow singing about all the girls he had loved "little bit of Monica on the..." and so on. On a less risque note, I've had kids sing and act out songs like Turkey in the Straw, dressed as hillbillies. Another thing that works well is to act out an elaborate joke, sometimes you get some things sent to you via the internet, that you can work up into a skit.

Our high school kids have also done some spoofs of commercials that are popular at the time, giving the end a twist. You could also go to the library and see if they have any books of short skits and plays. I have one, old as the hills, called "Snappy Blackouts" that I have used many times for little scripted plays, they are all sort of elaborate jokes, with a snappy punch line, so one could work up ones own from a joke that you found. Another funny skit kids did when I was in school was to act out a story from a professional comedian's bit, our boys did "Noah builds an ark" from a Bill Cosby routine.

Andawhat's idea was exactly what I was going to suggest, performing a song vocally and in sign language. I remember some sign language and "sign-sing" to myself some at church, and get positive comments. One song it would be funny to do is called "If I Had a Million Dollars." I think it's really meant for two people, but my son-in-law sang it solo for karaoke at my family reunion this August.

If you're a musician, including percussion, do a few cadences you like. That was a very popular act at my recent high school reunion. Other thoughts include martial arts, juggling, gymnastics or tumbling. My senior year of high school, one gal did an act with hula hoops, dozens of them. I still remember that!
Last thought: work up a dance routine and perform it, if dance is your thing. At one talent show at my high school when my kids were in attendance, two separate groups did dance routines that were very well received. The point of a talent show is to show off your own unique talent. Have fun!

Anonymous

yep thanks any other ideas?

I found this one on youtube. This is only if you want something funny and not serious.

It's synchronized swimming on stage. www.youtube.com/watch?v=f86qKQJg3Z8&feature=related

Anonymous

Great idea

Using American Sign Language to sign a song!

Well hello fellow people of the world , how are we today , well some ideas for a talent show, is dance routines from your dance school or made up ones, u can play an Instrument , u can act out a play from a favourite movie or book, u can sing u can do anything,.....
Have fun at ur talent show

Anonymous

an awsome idea is.... TO SHOW YOUR TALENTS.Its a talent show right so if your good at singing sing if your a good dancer dance dont be afraid

sing a duet

Anonymous

That sounds amazing

Anonymous

I do you could jump rope.

you could do a whole range of trampoline tricks if you are good at that

you can tell jokes, dance, sing, and do a lot of things for the talent show

Singing and dancing