Performing Acts of Kindness

Find the time to help and share with people in your family, neighborhood, and community. This page is about performing acts of kindness.

When I was eleven or twelve, I did something I'll never do again; probably couldn't do again. I walked twenty-two miles in a single day. Just on a lark. At that age, I was often besieged with fits of 'larkism'.

An unpaved dirt road through pine trees.

Blend one cup of love and one half cup of kindness, add alternately in small portions, one cup of appreciation and three cups of pleasant companionship into which has been sifted three teaspoons of deserving praise.

Flavor with one teaspoon carefully chosen advice. Lightly fold in one cup of cheerfulness to which has been added a pinch of sorrow.

Pour with tender care into small clean hearts and let bake until well matured. Turn out on the surface of society, humbly invoke God's blessings and it will serve all mankind.

By Terri

This really works! Instead of always thinking about yourself or your problems, make it a point to say kind words to other people, not just people you know; compliments go a long way to making someone else's day and it makes you feel good too when they say "thank you, that was so nice of you to say that."

If someone is not feeling well, send them a card or just phone to say you were thinking of them. Do unexpected things, they don't have to cost money, a kind word or a smile makes the giver feel as good as the receiver!

Ms. Syd Barr - Dunkirk, MD

Most of us are in the habit of gift "exchanges," but if you're like me, now and then you send a gift to someone who doesn't expect one and therefore feels obligated to return a gift.

I live on an island in the middle of a river in upstate NY. To get home, I must pay a toll. Each week, I stash dollar bills in the visor.

When I enter the tollbooth ahead of an out of state car, I pay their toll of $1 per car.

We have all known someone who has been bed-ridden and we all know how hard that can be. Here is a small tip to make it somewhat more bearable. Outside of a window that is visible from the patient's bed, take a shepherd pie pan's hook and plant into the ground. Or screw a pie pan to the sill on the outside. From the shepherd's hook hang a bird feeder. If you are doing the pie pan add birdseed or squirrel food. This will give them something to watch besides the same old reruns. Add a bird book (identification kind) and they should have hours of fun. By Debra in Colorado

Better Living Charity AdviceMarch 5, 2013
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
Generated 2020-07-23 13:57:28 in 893 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Nice-Things-You-Can-Do-for-Others.html