Pass the Kindness On

Most of us are in the habit of gift "exchanges," but if you're like me, now and then you send a gift to someone who doesn't expect one and therefore feels obligated to return a gift. As an example, I've just mailed out peanut brittle to the 90 plus year old mother of a distant e-mail buddy. I hope my friend will not feel "obligated," so I've suggested that she someday pass the kindness on to someone else.

Nett of NH

You go, Nett! This is a wonderful idea! I send Christmas cookies to a Navy friend of my daughter (also in the Navy) who is far away from home. I don't really know her, but she sure likes the cookies. May I suggest to anyone to find a serviceman or servicewoman to pass a kindness on to? Just a thought...