Identifying Wooden Dresser?

Identifying Wooden Dresser?I pulled this off my brother's junk wagon a while back. I found the name plate in the drawer and started searching. I have yet to find one just like it so I don't really know what year it is from. I have found some like it but not enough to say it was from the same time. I know it's an American of Martinsville. Possibly a piece from a hi end hotel line they did? Anyway, any info would be appreciated! Thanks

Identifying Wooden Dresser?

Identifying Wooden Dresser?

Bronze Tip Medal for All Time! 59 Tips

Good find. :-)
This dresser is listed for $1400:
www.ebay.com/.../275086673375?hash=item400c7185df...
This dresser is listed for $1695:
midcenturywarehouse.com/.../2400-american-of-martinsville-mid...
This dresser is listed for $2125:
www.chairish.com/.../american-of-martinsville-mid-century...
Here is the contact form for American Of Martinsville furniture for more info:

americanofmartinsville.com/.../

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 320 Answers

American of Martinsville is now Akin/AOM. They began in Arkansas in 1906, producing furniture for the hospitality industry. They produced amazing MCM pieces. I'd say your blond piece vibes from the 1960s. You could send them the pic and ask at info@americanofmartinsville.com. Good luck!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

American of Martinville is good furniture. Perhaps a TV was meant to go in the right side

Gold Feedback Medal for All Time! 949 Feedbacks

You have a cabinet/media credenza from a high-end hotel. Probably purchase several years ago from a hotel auction/sale such as this:
www.hclsales.com/sales.asp?id=71

I have been to several of these sales and usually, items like this will sell for $50 or less. Yours is an older model that holds the TV on the right side and has drawers for clothing on the left side.

Information:
"American of Martinsville
In 1906, the American Furniture Company was founded by two Martinsville tobacco men, Ancil Witten and Charles Keesee. With 12 other local business leaders, these men raised an original capitalization of $30,000. The company has grown substantially and first surpassed $100 million in sales in 1989. Today, the company specializes in producing furniture for the hotel and healthcare industries and operates under the name American of Martinsville. Open a dresser drawer the next time you stay in a hotel and, chances are, you'll see an American of Martinsville logo".

Your cabinet may be from the 90s to 2010 since we were still using CRT TV sets that would fit in this style cabinet through 2010.

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Used FurnitureMay 12, 2022
🌻
🐛
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Wooden-Dresser.html