Identifying a Bug Found on a Dog

I have been finding these bugs on my dog near his butt and back area. He wears his flee collar all the time so does anyone have any idea what bug this is and why all of a sudden I'm finding them?

It could be a tick. Ask the vet.

Here are images of ticks:

identify.us.com/.../index.html

I can't make out the photo, so if you match your critters to one of these, get the pup to the vet ASAP.

My hubby took one off our Clarence, but there was one on his eye lid the vet had to remove. Then the poor baby tested positive for Lyme. Did the antibiotics and has to wear a special tick prevention collar. He had joint pain and would let out little cries when he moved wrong. When they embed they become like a hard lump. Hopefully you found them before they embedded.

In our area the issue is deer and deer ticks. There are other kinds of ticks. Our vet said his was a deer ticks. This is when my fur boy got bit last year... right before the first freeze...the vet said they get nasty before the freeze gets them.

Prayers that you don't have the ordeal we did. Let me know what your very says.

Here is an image of a flea in various states...see if that matches...

www.orkin.com/.../

The vet told me to buy a flea comb and just comb him throughly with it and then give him a good wash. And I ended up getting the Hartz product and he been doing good I havent found not even one bug on him.

I would bet money that that is a flea. Fleas have become resistant to many of the flea products we have been using, especially flea collars. Try some of the newer products after a good bath for your dog. Most products have worked for me except for the Hartz products sold in discount stores. They made my dog sick. Your Veterinarian will have very good products available too.

Are you able to use both the flea collar and the Harts together ?