Identifying Small Brown Bugs?

Category Bugs
Determining what kind of insect pest you have, will help you find the best way to get rid of them. The discussions found below are about trying to identify small brown bugs.

Is this a bed bug? It was on my window seal. There were a few actually. Please help. Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Bedbugs have 6 legs and feelers. It looks like this has 8 legs and feelers although the pictures are very blurry. It more resembles a tick.

Does it fly? Crawl only? How big is it? Ticks are up to approx 1/2 inch, running from 1/8 to 1/2 in size.

Does anyone know what kind of bug this is? And how to get rid of it? I keep finding them in the bathtub. They are very tiny and slow moving.

I can not tell if they have wings. Here are some pictures. It was hard to get a picture since they are so little.

Answers

Best Answer

Looks like silverfish. They like water and paper.

en.m.wikipedia.org/.../Silverfish

Prevention is the best medicine! A dehumidifier helps, as does getting rid of paper and cardboard. There is a good natural, safe way to get rid of them described here:

www.apartmenttherapy.com/silverfish-how-to-get-rid-of-them...

Please help me figure out what kind of bug this is and what kind of treatment is used?

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like a beetle larva. Maybe Khapra Beetle or Biscuit Beetle. Many beetle larvae are similar.

Best Answer

Unless you have hundreds, it is best to vacuum them up, do a good cleaning, hot water and steam if you can, take the bag out of the house and dispose of it. If this doesn't work, you may need an exterminator. Usually a good cleaning is enough.

Check the perimeter of your house for gaps and ways they may have entered the house and plug leaks. Also check your pantry to make sure nothing is infested there since they could have come in from things like flour or other part items. Toss those and tell the store.

Post back with updates.

Best Answer

Sure looks like beetle larvae.
Getting rid of these can be a big problem if they have been around for a while so hopefully these are fairly new and you can kill them off without having to pay for professional help.

www.domyown.com/carpet-beetle-identification-guide...

Some excerpts from University web sites:

"Keep in mind, just one adult carpet beetle can lay up to 50 eggs. The larvae stage of the carpet beetle can last between three months and three years, while adults can live between two weeks and a few months."

"What does carpet beetle larvae look like?
Furniture carpet beetle larvae are white and then mature to a red or chestnut color with brown bands across the body. The larvae of varied carpet beetles have light and dark stripes on their bodies and are covered with dark hairs."

You should probably read more than one article on how to get rid of these but basically, cleaning is the best way to do this.

This is a long read but gives a lot of information.

entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef601

www.orkin.com/.../larvae

What kind of bug is this? I found a couple on the wall next to window, one on my bed, and one crawling on my hand. Can someone suggest to me what is this and whether this is harmful and what precautions to take?

I found it crawling on my arm, then again across a pillow. It crawls really fast.

Answers

Best Answer

It looks like a carpet beetle, or some type of beetle!

Best Answer

This is not a bed bug so you are fine. it is a beetle that has come from outside to get warm. You need to really do a deep cleaning of your rugs and then take the cleaner outside and dump the contents in the trash to get rid of them.

You can also put down sticky fly tape so when they run across this they are stuck there. Then throw this in the trash.

I found this guy on my sock. Anyone know what it is?

Answers

Best Answer

This is a beetle that has come from outside or it is one that lives in carpets. You'll need to get rid of them if you find more around your home.

Best Answer

It doesn't have the right pattern for the carpet beetles we get.

It looks more like a grape leaf beetle. Are you in the US? They are not in season here yet, at least where I am, so I hesitate to say for sure.

Post back where you are located and that may help.

I found this little guy this morning. Honestly it looks less harmful until I zoomed in on him. I found him on my bathroom floor in Arizona.

What is this bug? I'm afraid it's bed bugs, but I found it in my bathroom. This is the third time I've seen one in the past week.

Answers

Best Answer

These are water beetles or what some people call carpet beetles. They come in the home from the drains and love to be in wet moist places.

Best Answer

This insect is from the family Elateridae- commonly called Click Beetle. Other names include elaters, snapping beetle , spring beetle. These insects are outdoor insects. Sometimes they make a way into your home. They are not bed bugs( they are Beetles). Regular insecticide should take care of them.

I am looking to see if anyone knows what this is? I found one on my bathroom floor and one on my bedroom floor. Tonight, one was crawling across my made bed.

I just found a live and a dead brown/grayish bug on my bed. Is there anyone that maybe able to help me identify it? It's thin and long, but very tiny. Any help? I would greatly appreciate it.

Answers

Best Answer

Boy I've read so many answers to this same question online because I have seen them too and I actually showed one to a ambulance driver and friend and he said that it was atiopolibi or something and I googled it and it said they are living by or on forest type trees and foliage and we have a lot of pine

Best Answer

These small bugs live outside in your garden and most people just call them beetles but some will call them by their scientific name. They are harmless but are a pain. If you have or start to see a lot more in your home you can put down some sticky tape like people use to trap flies with to get them out of your home.

I have been finding these bugs on my dog near his butt and back area. He wears his flee collar all the time so does anyone have any idea what bug this is and why all of a sudden I'm finding them?

Answers

It could be a tick. Ask the vet.

Does anybody know what type of bug this is?

I've been finding these bugs all over my apartment. I've been cleaning everyday for a whole week now and I keep finding them everywhere. Can someone tell me what type of bug this is?

TYIA

Answers

Best Answer

They look like termintes that are coming out of the wood in your home. I would get a terminate inspection in the house to make sure they have not destroyed some of the support beams in your home. This can be very dangerous and not a good thing at all.

I found this bug shell in a dresser drawer. Any idea what it belongs to?

Answers

Best Answer

I am not an expert, but it looks like a dead bed bug. They are that color and shape. Hopefully you don't see any more of these (dead or living).

If you are in the US, upload a (clearer) photo to your local home extension office and get them to weigh in.

Here is a link to find the one closest to you:

pickyourown.org/countyextensionagentoffices.htm

Post back what you learn!

Load More

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsMarch 6, 2013
😎
😷
📓
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf50201093.tip.html