Identifying a Small Brown Bug?

I found this little guy this morning. Honestly it looks less harmful until I zoomed in on him. I found him on my bathroom floor in Arizona.

Best Answer

The bug is in the cockroach family. Some people confuse these roaches with waterbugs. I would set out roach traps to trap them and get them out of your home before they lay eggs and you have a horrible mess to learn up.

Best Answer

I also believe it is in the roach family and the bathroom and kitchen are usually where they love to live.

You may have just brought this one home in a grocery bag or there may be others hiding in 'damp' areas. Either way you need to work fast to keep them from multiplying.

I would suggest you go to either an Ace or True Value Hardware store and ask for help as they will have natural remedies to get you started - and - they usually have knowledgeable people to work with you.

You can also start reading about these little dirty creatures.

fantasticservicesgroup.com.au/.../

This is in the Cockroach family, there are 30 species of cockroaches. Here is more info about this insect - en.wikipedia.org/.../cockroach

I am the outlier here, to me it looks like a female earwig. No pincher is female. If you have just one, carry it outside away from the house and be sure to plug up holes/gaps in the foundation, around windows and doors.

If you have a few, spray rubbing alcohol on them and they will die. Then give the room a good cleaning.

If you have lots, you may need someone to look and find where they are coming from and stop them at the source. They are not harmful, just repulsive.

I believe you are definitely correct about this being an earwig.
I thought the bug only had a pointed tail but on enlarging the picture you can just barely make out that it has punchers and not a pointed tail.
Thanks for the correction.
So glad this is what it is and not that dirty bug.

www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=earwigs

Earwig. Considered an occasional invader. Usually coming in due to weather occurrence. Harmless.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsJune 18, 2020
🐛
🌻
📓
😎
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Small-Brown-Bug-6.html