General AdviceConsumer Advice

Identifying a Concrete Thin Walled Form

Many years ago I acquired this concrete form from my neighbor's trash. I use it on my porch to put various plants in their own pot, it covers up the pot. I would like to get two more as it has been an inexpensive and easy way to change out plants each year, but I don't know what it is called and can't locate it. Do you know what it is called and where can I buy it? Does it come in this color or did someone paint it?

It is called a planter. I would go to a garden supply house with the picture. If it were painted, you would have chips by now, so I think this is the color.

Concrete Block perhaps? I am sure you can go to your local hardware store you will be able to spot something similar or show an employee an example and they will be happy to assist you.

I am not sure this item is made of concrete. It appears to to be a flue liner, the type used in chimneys, and is more likely made of a type of clay. You can find them at hardware stores and home and garden centers.

On second thought, this might not be a flue liner as they are usually much longer. I'm thinking it is a chimney 'cap'.