JewelryCollectibles

Identifying a Piece of Jewelry

I found this in a bag of jewelry. It's the exact size of a quarter. I can find no markings for it. It appears to be filigree of some sort.

There are two red and two blue gems/beads. The blues are off center, but the reds are exactly across from each other. Neither stone matches the other in color, but do in size.

I know it's not silver so my guess is an alloy. It's light weight. I am more curious about the numbers/symbol than I am the value.

Can anyone point me to a website that might help? Thanks so much in advance.

The symbol looks like the Indian Om symbol.

This is om, which is a sacred sound

This resembles some characters on American Indian jewelry but most of this type jewelry is silver so that doesn't fit.

• This may be the OM symbol but most India/Hindu symbols do not have any sharp "corners" but are typically very round and flowing but may have "points". I do not have any personal knowledge of these symbols but here is one link that has some information.
  • www.britannica.com/.../Om-Indian-religion
  • I have not found anything that shows a symbol like this but it could be for a club or some sort of affiliation.
  • I would suggest you take it to some of your local jewelry stores and see if they can give you any information.
  • Some "costume" jewelry can be worth quite a few dollars.