Identifying and Treating a Bump Inside Your Lip?

What does it mean when you have a small bump on the inside of your lip?

You might have a cold sore, or you might have irritated it. It usually goes away on its own.

You say the sore is on the inside of your mouth so I do not think it is a cold sore as I believe cold sores are usually on the outside of the mouth. There are differences but many people just call them all "cold sores".

Since it is on the inside of your mouth it could be something called a "Canker" sore. It will look like a blister but may also be yellow in color. It can be caused by several things but usually goes away by itself in 10-15 days.

If it is very painful you can rinse your mouth with a small amount of regular table salt mixed in a cup of warm water.

Here is a web site that explains more about these bothersome sores.

www.medicinenet.com/.../article.htm#what_are_canker_sores_and_what_do_they_look_like

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you may have bit your lip (we can do this without always knowing it happened) and it would be sore for a few days but a little salt in warm water will also help relieve the discomfort of this type of problem.

I usually get these when I either eat something I am allergic to or if I bite my lip in my sleep and it goes away in a day or teo. That said, if it there for more than a week, I would see if your dentist can look at it. Better safe than sorry! Let me know what you learn! Sending up healing prayers!

Could be a canker sore or a cold sore. Get something like Ambesol if you can.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 4, 2018
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-and-Treating-a-Bump-Inside-Your-Lip.html