Improving a Faded Patio Umbrella

Does anyone know what I can do to improve the look of a faded out patio umbrella? It looks too difficult to recover. Can it be painted?

Kathie from So. Portland, ME

Answers:

Improving a Faded Patio Umbrella

Depending on the type of material it is, I have seen where people have taken fabric paint and either changed the entire umbrella or added different designs to help improve the looks of it. Even adding things from the craft section of your local store may help. Just because it is faded doesn't mean you can't make it look like it's supposed to be that color! (12/03/2005)

I remove my canvas umbrella covers and wash them in the washer, and let them air dry. They come out looking like new. Be sure to pre-treat stained areas.