Inexpensive Birthday Party Ideas

Baker's Coconut published a cut-up cake book that I found fit any kind of birthday party I wanted to throw for my two boys. You baked cake mix in standard size cake pans and then cut them up to specifications to make different shapes. Of course, they always suggested using coconut in the icing, but you didn't have to. Food coloring worked just as well with plain icing.

For a blindfolded pinning game, I just used poster board to draw something that went with the theme to tape on the wall. Then I used more poster board to draw on and cut out whatever thing on the drawing was missing for the blindfolded pinning.

By Vivian P.