Inexpensive Fix for Old Dark Paneling

I have ugly, cheap, old paneling. I am looking for something really inexpensive to do with it. It is also too dark.

By Laura E

Kiltz it-fill in all the old holes, and paint it. I have the same problem here. Some people go to the expense of wall papering over it, which I also have as a result from a previous owner. ugh.

I painted mine & it looks great! First paint the paneling with Kiltz (smart idea: have paint store tint the kiltz the same color as the paint you're going to use). When the Kiltz is dry use the paint - one coat should do it. Don't be afraid to use a color - it's just like painting a wall in any room in your house. Good Luck.

Definitely paint, the previous posters are so right. You'll love the results.

Be sure to wash the walls well before painting with vinegar and water (1-1 ratio) or TSP to remove any coating on the panel that might interfere with the primer (Kilz really is the best) adhering to the panel.

Check out PaperIllusion on the web.