Information About Sewing Machine?

My mom passed several years ago and I found this machine. It runs but needs a belt. I dont know anything about it. Does anyone know approximate age? Would love to get it up and running.

Answers

Best Answer

What a beautiful machine!
Your mother must have loved using this machine.
I believe the Modern Home machine is what is called a 'clone' and these were made in Japan and usually copied after one of the Singer sewing machines.
You can read some comments about this machine that other posters have asked in the past. There is a lot of information so please take your time and read some of the comments.
www.thriftyfun.com/Precision-Deluxe-Sewing-Machine-Manual...

You do not say if you have other machines and are familiar with doing repairs etc. so I have listed several forums/groups that can answer your questions because the members are usually real sewing machine 'people' and have lots of knowledge about vintage machines. You will have to join to be able to post questions and pictures but it is free and these are safe sites.
Please join one or more so you can gain all the information from different sites. Ismacs is a good site but not as user friendly as the other sites. I love the Quilting Board because there is so much information available on their site and they are usually so helpful and can answer questions about most problems.
ismacs.net/digest.html
www.quiltingboard.com/.../
groups.io/.../vintagesewingmachinerepair
www.sewinginsight.com/.../

If you need to have the belt replaced you can always try the Sears Service Center as they have information and parts for almost every kind/brand of sewing machine. If they do not have the part in stock they will order it and they can install it if you wish. I do not know about their charges so be sure to ask about service charges.
www.service-center-locator.com/.../sears-service-center.htm

I hope you find what you need and can enjoy sewing on this lovely machine.

Answer this Question