Precision Deluxe Sewing Machine Manual

Often we find ourselves without the manual to our sewing machine. Sometimes it has gotten lost or we purchased a used machine that did not come with one. This is a page about precision deluxe sewing machine manual.

I have a sewing machine that is a Modern Home Precision sewing machine, model 74. I am looking for a manual. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

I would look on Craigs List, Offer Up, Let it Go I have had great luck finding what I am looking for.

Best Answer

I believe the Modern Home is a clone name used by companies that build (or built) a lot of Precision Deluxe machines. Many of these machines were sold under different names - such as Sears, Singer, etc.
A photo may help someone find more information on your particular machine.

ThriftyFun receives a lot of questions about this type of machine. Here is a link to some answers that might help with your question.
www.thriftyfun.com/Precision-Deluxe-Sewing-Machine-Manual...

I recently bought a Deluxe Precision sewing machine, model 25, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. I'm really interested in an owner's manual.

Answers

Best Answer

A lot of these machines were fashioned after (clones) the Singer #15 but not sure about yours.

• Most of these machines were made in Japan and sold under numerous names so if you can find a manual for one of a similar look it will probably be about the same.
  • You may have to try under Atlas, Edison Franklin, New Home, and many more.
  • I would suggest you contact this group and see if they can help you.
  • groups.yahoo.com/.../info?yguid=228862397

I purchased this today. It says Precision sewing machine super deluxe model 033, made in Japan and says "home electric" on the arm. I would like to find the manual to see what needs repaired other than a frayed electrical cord :)

Answers

Best Answer

This type machine was built in Japan but sold under many, many names - such as Singer, Westinghouse, etc. It appears most of them are basically the same style so any one of the manuals may help you.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me where I can find any information about the Precision Deluxe 30 modern sewing machine? I just received one and it is beautiful. I am excited to learn more about it.

By Gina from Ridgebury, PA

Answers

I did some googling & found some info for you. Many of the links posted on the topic I'm posting don't work, but you can find something useful here:

swn-archive.sew-whats-up.com/.../t-10529.html

and

www.thriftyfun.com/tf28606785.tip.html

google precision deluxe sewing machine

I found several pages of stuff. It looks like it could be a great find if you quilt. Machines that only straight stitch do it very very well because the "insides" don't have to move & adjust to make other stitches. I can't think of an example...maybe it's like scissors: very long bladed dressmakers shears cut very well in long straight lines. But if you try to do precision cutting, for example for the craft called "paper cuts", you will not be able to do it as well as with the tiny 1/2" blade that is used. And vice versa, the tiny scissors would do a terrible job making long straight cuts for a dress or skirt project.

hth

Give this site a try www.retrevo.com you may be able to find out about your machine there.

I found the following website: sewvacdoctor.com/index.asp

You can send an email and ask if there is an owner's manual for your sewing machine.

Is "Precision" the name of the maker of the machine? If it is just a description of the model, what is the name of the maker? Some makers are Singer, Bernina, Kenmore, Brother, Janome, etc. If this is the case, you may be able to find out more about your machine by going to the maker's site and looking up your model.

I know that this isn't an answer, but I still wanted to thank the person who has this site. I couldn't find ANY information on this machine all I wanted was a manual thank you for that and the pic's they help. I have this machine but mine is older maybe one of the first few years of production. Just minor changes really but the same. I wish I could get a repair manual but that's for another day. Thank you again this means a lot to me I want to use this machine not put it on display.

I have a Sovereign Precision Deluxe sewing machine that was made in Japan. I am having trouble finding the serial number and the manual for the machine. Can you give me any help with this?

Answers

Brother made those machines, so I would contact them.

The Brother contact info is at this link:

support.brother.com/.../contacttop.aspx

Does your machine look like the machine in this old link? If so, perhaps you can glean something from the post (it is old, but may help):

www.askmehelpdesk.com/.../vintage-brother-sewing-machine-212788...

Last thoughts....

To get a manual, maybe this company can give you a clue to where to locate the numbers to find the right manual. They sell the manuals, so perhaps they can help:

www.tias.com/.../tiasquestion_form.html

Post back what you learn!!

Sorry, but it is almost impossible to assist you without several pictures of your machine. Pictures help to find the correct item that we are searching for as many people do not have all the numbers available when they list a machine.
Someone may still be able to find more information if you add pictures to your post.

• Good luck with trying to find out how to contact Brothers support/customer service with this link and if anyone succeeds I hope they will post how this was done as every click seems to take you in circles.
  • support.brother.com/.../contacttop.aspx
  • Here are some Sovereign machines presently listed on eBay. You may be able to contact one of these sellers and ask them where they found their serial number (if they did).
  • www.ebay.com/.../332867627194
  • www.ebay.com/.../292802856570
  • www.ebay.com/.../173655614701
  • www.ebay.com/.../323565770883?hash=item4b5605d883...
  • Here is a listing that has closed (machine did not sell) but the sellers says they have an original manual so you might contact them and ask if you can buy a copy of the manual.
  • www.ebay.com/.../183118776946?nordt=true&orig_cvip...
  • Here is a link to a parts store in the UK. They have a lot of parts for this machine (some may be generic?) so it stands to reason they know a lot about these machines. You might email them and ask about your machine and they may even have a manual or can tell you what other brand will match your machine.
  • Most of these "odd" name machines are "clones" made in Japan and sold to companies that added their own brand name. The majority of these machines are a Singer clone.
  • www.sewingparts.co.uk/.../sovereign-straight-stitch.html
  • The best advice/information I can supply (without pictures) is to join Ismacs and ask them your question (WITH pictures and I feel sure someone on their forum will be able to answer all of your questions.
  • You cannot ask questions unless you join (free).
  • ismacs.net/digest.html
  • Hopefully, you will be able to find some information from someone's suggestions.

Where can I find a manual for my Precision Deluxe, model 202, sewing machine?

Answers

This is a vintage sewing machine and it looks like it was made in Japan right after WWII. Right after the war the Japanese started to make clones of the Singer 15 sewing machine. It appears that Brother, Jaguar, Maruzen, Soryu and some other Japanese manufacturers all made variations of this machine.

From what I can find out you can use a Singer 15 sewing machine manual. The machine you have is a clone of this sewing machine. It isn't possible to find an original manual for this machine and others who are looking for a manual have said the Singer 15 manual is the closest they can find. Here are a few PDF links for Singer 15 sewing machine manuals.

ismacs.net/.../15-91.pdf

needlebar.org/.../15.pdf

www.manualsdir.com/.../singer-15-30-treadle-sewing-machine...

Precision Deluxe was manufactured in Japan after the war and it is a Singer 15 clone. There were several thousand different names made at that time (America helped them set up factories) and most all of them were modeled after the Singer Classic 15. Machines were made for Singer, Wards, and other big name companies and they were built on the style of the Singer 15.

Step 1
This type machine is considered one of the very best for just regular sewing and especially for quilting.

Step 2
No original manual is available but you should be able to use the Singer 15 even if a light or something like that is in another place on your machine.

Step 3
Here is a link for a manual that should be very similar to your machine. ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual.pdf

Step 4
here is a link to the same manual that is in printing format. ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual-rotated...

Hope some of this will help you with this nice machine. Here is a link to a site where you can ask questions about this vintage machine. You will have to join but it is a legitimate site and has no problems.

groups.yahoo.com/.../info

You can download the manual here is the link www.pinterest.ca/.../

How can I locate a operators manual for a mod.5527 American Beauty 30 Precision Deluxe sewing machine?

Answers

This machine is a 'badged' machine (not a name brand) so if you post a picture someone may be able to find a similar machine that has a free manual available.

It's possible this manual may be for your machine (without a picture it is difficult to say for sure).

www.tias.com/.../1922947071.html

You can check any of theses pages for links that you may check to see if you can make contact with someone who can help you find a manual that matches your machine.
Some links are 'history' information.

www.doubleveil.net/.../tz17.htm

www.doubleveil.net/.../ambeauty.htm

www.doubleveil.net/.../reversew.htm

Maybe someone will have a better answer but I could not find a manual with this name and number.

If you still cannot find a manual you may be able to ask your question on this forum but you may need a picture as these machines are clones and made by different companies. You will have to join their site but it is free for messages only.

ismacs.net/digest.html

This is not your exact model and they do not list this model online for a manual. You can try this manual here and see if it will work for you. www.scribd.com/.../american-beauty-zig-zag-1300-deluxe...

Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 15, 2013
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-13 11:39:13 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️