Precision Deluxe Sewing Machine Manual?

I have a sewing machine that is a Modern Home Precision sewing machine, model 74. I am looking for a manual. Any suggestions?

Answers

Best Answer

I would look on Craigs List, Offer Up, Let it Go I have had great luck finding what I am looking for.

Best Answer

I believe the Modern Home is a clone name used by companies that build (or built) a lot of Precision Deluxe machines. Many of these machines were sold under different names - such as Sears, Singer, etc.

A photo may help someone find more information on your particular machine.

ThriftyFun receives a lot of questions about this type of machine. Here is a link to some answers that might help with your question.
www.thriftyfun.com/Precision-Deluxe-Sewing-Machine-Manual...

Answer this Question

9 More Questions

Searching for parts and manuals for a restoration project

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a site for manual downloads. I do not have enough info on the machine to make sure this manual is listed there. But check it out to see if you can find the manual there. ismacs.net/free-sewing-machine-manuals-list...

I did find another manual on Pinterest but the link has been blocked because of spam from the site.

Here is another link to a PDF that has a generic manual that should work well for your machine ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual.pdf

You can also try this link for the manual you are looking for www.tias.com/.../

Check out this site for the parts you are looking for www.a1sewingmachine.com/parts.html

Best Answer

Your Modern Home sewing machine is what is called a 'clone' and most were made in Japan and modeled after a Singer machine.
Clones can be found wth numerous names, numerous styles but you will most likely need a model number to find what you need - either in a manual or parts or help with your machine.

You can look at some of these models to see what I mean about numerous names and either identical machines or close models. I'm not sure how long these links will be good.

www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Modern...

www.worthpoint.com/.../vintage-goodyear-precision-built...

If you do not know how to find your model number or serial number you can join these forums and send several good pictures and they will help you find your model and help you find a manual and parts.
These people will also help you when you have problems with your machine so they are very important to know when working with machines like this. You may have to find a part that is under a different machine name but will fit your machine so please take the time and join all of sites. All you need is an email address to join.

ismacs.net/digest.html

sewing.patternreview.com/.../21

www.quiltingboard.com/.../

Answer this Question

I inherited this machine from my grandmother and I'm trying to find a manual. Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

Best Answer

The name Modern Home is what is called a 'Clone' so it's possible you will never find a manual with that name. You can most likely use the Singer 15 as this is the machine it was modeled after.

What is a 'clone' machine?
"The term "clone" as used here refers to the Japanese, and sometimes Chinese and Indian made copies of the Singer Model 15 machines. After WWII Singer's patents on the model 15 had expired and when our government relaxed tariff laws so our former enemies could rebuild there economies at our expense, the Japanese used the Singer 15 as a pattern and went on to embellish it. Many of them were made in colors whereas Singer only made the original style of 15s in black. Other minor changes such as the bed mounted knob to lower the feed dogs were incorporated.
Some machines are not exact duplicates of the Singer 15 but share enough characteristics to be considered clones.
They Japanese made them by the millions for anybody and everybody."

I have some links listed below that explains about 'clones'.

www.quiltingboard.com/.../can-you-please-explain-clones-t246070...

Here is link to a list of cloned machines -

www.quiltingboard.com/.../clones-z-update-t257178.html

You can join some of the singer forums and someone will give you a link to a manual for your machine.
This site is absolutely the best site around.

www.quiltingboard.com/.../

Here are a couple others if you're interested.

groups.yahoo.com/.../info?yguid=228862397

www.tias.com/.../tiasquestion_form.html

Answer this Question

I recently bought a Deluxe Precision sewing machine, model 25, and I'm having a hard time finding any info on it. I'm really interested in an owner's manual.

Answers

Best Answer

A lot of these machines were fashioned after (clones) the Singer #15 but not sure about yours.

• Most of these machines were made in Japan and sold under numerous names so if you can find a manual for one of a similar look it will probably be about the same.
  • You may have to try under Atlas, Edison Franklin, New Home, and many more.
  • I would suggest you contact this group and see if they can help you.
  • groups.yahoo.com/.../info?yguid=228862397
Answer this Question

I purchased this today. It says Precision sewing machine super deluxe model 033, made in Japan and says "home electric" on the arm. I would like to find the manual to see what needs repaired other than a frayed electrical cord :)

Answers

Best Answer

This type machine was built in Japan but sold under many, many names - such as Singer, Westinghouse, etc. It appears most of them are basically the same style so any one of the manuals may help you.

Answer this Question

Does anyone know where I can find a manual for my Howe machine? There is no model number on the machine. But it also says Deluxe Precision, made in Japan.

I was wondering if anybody could tell me where I can find any information about the Precision Deluxe 30 modern sewing machine? I just received one and it is beautiful. I am excited to learn more about it.

By Gina from Ridgebury, PA

Answers

I did some googling & found some info for you. Many of the links posted on the topic I'm posting don't work, but you can find something useful here:

swn-archive.sew-whats-up.com/.../t-10529.html

and

www.thriftyfun.com/tf28606785.tip.html

google precision deluxe sewing machine

I found several pages of stuff. It looks like it could be a great find if you quilt. Machines that only straight stitch do it very very well because the "insides" don't have to move & adjust to make other stitches. I can't think of an example...maybe it's like scissors: very long bladed dressmakers shears cut very well in long straight lines. But if you try to do precision cutting, for example for the craft called "paper cuts", you will not be able to do it as well as with the tiny 1/2" blade that is used. And vice versa, the tiny scissors would do a terrible job making long straight cuts for a dress or skirt project.

hth

Give this site a try www.retrevo.com you may be able to find out about your machine there.

I found the following website: sewvacdoctor.com/index.asp

You can send an email and ask if there is an owner's manual for your sewing machine.

Is "Precision" the name of the maker of the machine? If it is just a description of the model, what is the name of the maker? Some makers are Singer, Bernina, Kenmore, Brother, Janome, etc. If this is the case, you may be able to find out more about your machine by going to the maker's site and looking up your model.

I know that this isn't an answer, but I still wanted to thank the person who has this site. I couldn't find ANY information on this machine all I wanted was a manual thank you for that and the pic's they help. I have this machine but mine is older maybe one of the first few years of production. Just minor changes really but the same. I wish I could get a repair manual but that's for another day. Thank you again this means a lot to me I want to use this machine not put it on display.

Answer this Question

I have a Sovereign Precision Deluxe sewing machine that was made in Japan. I am having trouble finding the serial number and the manual for the machine. Can you give me any help with this?

Answers

The Brother contact info is at this link:

support.brother.com/.../contacttop.aspx

Does your machine look like the machine in this old link? If so, perhaps you can glean something from the post (it is old, but may help):

www.askmehelpdesk.com/.../vintage-brother-sewing-machine-212788...

Last thoughts....

To get a manual, maybe this company can give you a clue to where to locate the numbers to find the right manual. They sell the manuals, so perhaps they can help:

www.tias.com/.../tiasquestion_form.html

Post back what you learn!!

Where can I find a manual for my Precision Deluxe, model 202, sewing machine?

Answers

This is a vintage sewing machine and it looks like it was made in Japan right after WWII. Right after the war the Japanese started to make clones of the Singer 15 sewing machine. It appears that Brother, Jaguar, Maruzen, Soryu and some other Japanese manufacturers all made variations of this machine.

From what I can find out you can use a Singer 15 sewing machine manual. The machine you have is a clone of this sewing machine. It isn't possible to find an original manual for this machine and others who are looking for a manual have said the Singer 15 manual is the closest they can find. Here are a few PDF links for Singer 15 sewing machine manuals.

ismacs.net/.../15-91.pdf

needlebar.org/.../15.pdf

www.manualsdir.com/.../singer-15-30-treadle-sewing-machine...

Precision Deluxe was manufactured in Japan after the war and it is a Singer 15 clone. There were several thousand different names made at that time (America helped them set up factories) and most all of them were modeled after the Singer Classic 15. Machines were made for Singer, Wards, and other big name companies and they were built on the style of the Singer 15.

Step 1
This type machine is considered one of the very best for just regular sewing and especially for quilting.

Step 2
No original manual is available but you should be able to use the Singer 15 even if a light or something like that is in another place on your machine.

Step 3
Here is a link for a manual that should be very similar to your machine. ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual.pdf

Step 4
here is a link to the same manual that is in printing format. ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual-rotated...

Hope some of this will help you with this nice machine. Here is a link to a site where you can ask questions about this vintage machine. You will have to join but it is a legitimate site and has no problems.

groups.yahoo.com/.../info

Answer this Question

How can I locate a operators manual for a mod.5527 American Beauty 30 Precision Deluxe sewing machine?

Consumer Advice Product FinderMarch 15, 2013
😷
📓
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Precision-Deluxe-Sewing-Machine-Manual.html