Replacement Parts for a Precision Sewing Machine?

Finding the right parts to fix your sewing machine can save you a lot of money on buying a new machine. This is a page about replacement parts for a Precision sewing machine.

Searching for parts and manuals for a restoration project

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a site for manual downloads. I do not have enough info on the machine to make sure this manual is listed there. But check it out to see if you can find the manual there. ismacs.net/free-sewing-machine-manuals-list...

I did find another manual on Pinterest but the link has been blocked because of spam from the site.

Here is another link to a PDF that has a generic manual that should work well for your machine ismacs.net/.../ha-1-ib-wgh-instruction-manual.pdf

You can also try this link for the manual you are looking for www.tias.com/.../

Check out this site for the parts you are looking for www.a1sewingmachine.com/parts.html

Best Answer

Your Modern Home sewing machine is what is called a 'clone' and most were made in Japan and modeled after a Singer machine.
Clones can be found wth numerous names, numerous styles but you will most likely need a model number to find what you need - either in a manual or parts or help with your machine.

You can look at some of these models to see what I mean about numerous names and either identical machines or close models. I'm not sure how long these links will be good.

www.google.com/search?source=univ&tbm=isch&q=Modern...

www.worthpoint.com/.../vintage-goodyear-precision-built...

If you do not know how to find your model number or serial number you can join these forums and send several good pictures and they will help you find your model and help you find a manual and parts.
These people will also help you when you have problems with your machine so they are very important to know when working with machines like this. You may have to find a part that is under a different machine name but will fit your machine so please take the time and join all of sites. All you need is an email address to join.

ismacs.net/digest.html

sewing.patternreview.com/.../21

www.quiltingboard.com/.../

I need a belt for my Deluxe Elite Precision sewing machine. Anyone know where I can buy one?

Answers

Try this site:

www.tandtrepair.com/

Belts for sewing machines are sometimes interchangeable with other makes - he sells vintage Singer parts for the most part, but is a true font of knowledge and if he doesn't stock what you need, he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

I need a belt for my deluxe sewing machine haven't use it for a.long time was my grandmother's I also need a bobin

Thanks

I need a bobbin winder for my Precision sewing machine, Universal Deluxe model No. TMX.

Answers

What country are you in? If you're in the USA, try:

www.tandtrepair.com/

He does mostly vintage Singer Slant machine parts and repair but he has an enormous list of parts resources and can usually help find what someone is looking for.

I recently acquired a Precision sewing machine, but it is missing the needle clamp screw. Any ideas on a good reliable source for one?

By Rachel L

Answers

Finding parts for your machine is going to depend on what country you are in - run a search using a search term including your machine manufacturer name and the machine model number+the name of your country or locale.

I live in the UK and several pages of replacement part sources came up just using the search term 'replacement parts Precision sewing machine UK, and then again using US instead of UK.

Also, though, you might be able to replace that particular part with a modern part available from a local sewing centre - I had a look at vintage Precision machines on an Images search and it looks to me as though just about any generic part would fit.

Hemline distributes to UK and US, so their extensive parts line is probably is available in most other countries as well. Try eBay or Amazon (Amazon would be my first choice for parts, I buy Hemline presser feet online all the time through them). They manufacture just about every external part needed for sewing machines - I have seen the part you are looking for on the racks in US stores including Hancock's, HobbyLobby, JoAnn, Michaels, and WalMart. In the UK I've seen these parts in nearly every sewing centre worth going into!

Or if you're really daring, lol, look for an old machine that looks similar to yours at a jumble/car boot/flea market/charity/thrift/2ndhand shop. I used to buy a lot of machines for under £10 to salvage parts from - might have a little rust (doubtful on the piece you need) but a wire brush and some solvent will sort that straightaway without affecting the usability of the salvage part.

I am looking for a motor for my Precision Built sewing machine. Does anyone know where I can get one?

By Rowena

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesMarch 12, 2014
😷
😎
🐛
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Replacement-Parts-for-a-Precision-Sewing-Machine-1.html