John Lewis Sewing Machine Replacement Parts

It can sometimes be a challenge to find parts for an older sewing machine. This is a guide about John Lewis sewing machine replacement parts.

I have a John Lewis mini sewing machine (which I believe are made by Janome). I have lost the metal bobbin holder and am trying to obtain a replacement which as yet has been unsuccessful. Any tips would be most welcome.

Answers

Best Answer

eBay - type in 'John Lewis mini sewing machine parts'. Or contact Janome UK (they make the JL machine, it's basically their Sew Mini) or Sewing Parts UK, both very helpful in my experience.

As part of my therapy for wellness recovery, I've been advised to start sewing again. I was fortunate to have a John Lewis jl150 sewing machine given to me some years ago. The only problem I have, is that I cannot find my electric lead/electronic foot speed control. (this maybe due to the fact I have moved about 5 times in recent years.) Does anyone know where I can purchase a new one or buy a second hand one? I've got my fabric all ready, so in a pickle at the mo.

By debg

Answers

First, have you looked about online for DIY repair tips? If you are at all handy, fixing it isn't that hard. If you are uncomfortable with doing the work, have you tried a local sewing machine repairman? Not only will he/she be able to fix it for a fairly reasonable price (usually under £25) but he/she will know where to find parts and may even have something in his/her workshop to replace yours.

If that's no help, have you checked with John Lewis? They are rather good with customer care and might even sell the foot pedal. If they don't, they'll likely be able to suggest where to find the part.

Finally, another place to look for that and other parts is here:
http://www.sewi … ingmachineparts/

This company is well known and trusted in the UK by home sewers and has a very good reputation for speedy, professional, reliable service.

Good luck, I hope you find the pedal soon! I do know what it's like to be in the middle of a project and have sewing machine troubles.

Hello! I've had the same problem but found a telephone number in the back of my instruction booklet: 0161 666 6006. I've just ordered a new ac adaptor very easily and was only £15 inc. postage :) Hope this helps!

Where can I get a power cable for the mini sewing machine by John Lewis?

By J H

Answers

You can try contacting John Lewis customer services (on the website at the bottom of the home page) but to be honest I think the part will cost you more than the machine would to replace.

No offence to JL but most of those mini-sewing machines aren't meant to last long, are priced very low, and don't usually have spare parts made or repairs possible.

It might depend on the model, too. Janome sells a very simple machine, the 140M, at HobbyCraft that is called a mini but is in truth a simple, basic 3/4 sized sewing machine - if you have the JL branded version then yes, it can be fixed and parts are available from JL customer services or the Janome UK website.