Finding Replacement Parts for Janome Sewing Machine

Sometimes it can be difficult to find replacement parts for an older machine, especially if you bought it used and don't have a manual. Your local repair shop might be able to help. This is a page about finding replacement parts for a Janome sewing machine.

I bought a Janome sewing machine from a used sewing machine dealer and there are no model numbers anywhere. It only has a serial no.531091335. The cam is missing so I need a cam and manual for it. Otherwise can you suggest any other suitable cam? I am hoping someone will recognize the model no. Thanks in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

Your best bet is to take it to a sewing machine repair shop. Without a model number, it will be very difficult for you to order the correct part. Some places may not let you return the part,

so why take a chance?

I have a Janome 6500 and the display screen started going very dim; soon it was completely dark. The machine still sews, but I can't see the screen to program in stitches. I took it to my local shop for cleaning and repairs, but was told the motherboard was gone and I would need to have it replaced. The problem is they say they don't know where to get a motherboard because the machine is 15 years old. I would dearly love to get the machine repaired as I really love the machine. It seems a shame to scrap it since it still sews. I am not sure the diagnosis is correct. Do you have any ideas where I might locate a motherboard?

Answers

You could try sewing parts online. www.sewingpartsonline.com/janome-memory-craft-6500-sewing-machine...

Be sure you have checked all fuses (3 I think).

Here is what it may cost you to replace a circuit board:

www.sewingpartsonline.com/janome-memory-craft-6500-sewing-machine...

Janome may be able to help you find another shop near you.

www.janome.com/.../

Here is another way to maybe get assistance from Janome:

Have a specific question as a consumer?

"Please visit your Janome dealer for further assistance with your product or to purchase. If your dealer cannot answer your specific question, please contact Janome America at 1-800-631-0183. As a consumer press option 3. Listen to the prompts: For technical software help, then press option 5; for other consumer inquiries, press option 3 again."

You can also check for a reputable Janome dealer at your local Michael's or Jo Ann's craft stores.

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 4, 2017
🎃
🌻