Used FurnitureFurniture

Information on Drexel Cabinet

I have purchased this piece of furniture and I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it. About the company, what this piece might be called, anything in general. I'm thinking of redoing for my home, but want info about it first because its gorgeous as is and I do not want to do an injustice.

Thank you for your help I appreciate it!

Best Answer

Nice piece and Drexel made and still makes beautiful furniture. I'm not sure how old your cabinet/table is but I think it may in their end table line.

• Drexel Company has been around since 1903 and is still in business today.
  • The Drexel Furniture Co. began one hundred years ago in Hickory, North Carolina with a single product and a simple vision. The product was a made-to-order dining chair. In the decades since, their product range has evolved into an assortment of timeless designs, drawn from significant periods and places, and from the talents of some of the world's most respected designers.
  • Ad

• Drexel Heritage's original vision remains unchanged. Their company is still guided by a genuine commitment to custom craftsmanship and timely service and their style is still distinguished by an authentic, timeless spirit. Their furniture is still made to order and made to last, by a team of talented and attentive artisans.
  • Since you say you are interested in the company, here are some links to check out.
  • northcarolinahistory.org/.../
  • www.fundinguniverse.com/.../
  • You may or may not be able receive very much information from the parent company but if you get an appraisal you will probably receive answers to all of your questions.
  • Here is a link to Barnaby's site and the appraisal will cost $17 but usually well worth the cost. You can Google free furniture appraisals also but they may not be as accurate.
  • Ad

• www.barnebys.com/.../

Wow that's awesome. I'm very pleased with end-table cabinet. I'm not sure I care the value so much as more of the history of the piece but if they go hand in hand I suppose it's not a bad thing to know the value. I will check into both Barneys as well as possible free appraisals!

This is the contact page for Drexel Furniture. Send them the picture and they can help you. www.drexel-furniture.com/.../Contact-Us.aspx