Value of Brandt Furniture?

Category Furniture
The Brandt Furniture company of Hagerstown MD operated from 1901 - 1985. It continued as a small family business from 1986, run by former employees. To determine the value of your Brandt pieces some research will be required. Tips on how to proceed follow. Professional help may be required.

I have searched the internet and cannot find any matches that come close to this desk. Does anyone know the value of this beautiful piece?

Answers

Best Answer

I have found a website in the UK that has a lot of roll-top desks listed on the site. Unfortunately your desk is not listed there. The desks on this site are selling for $750 to $5000 each. If you look on the site you can see some of the desks have a similar design to your desk. www.sellingantiques.co.uk/.../

On Esty they do have one desk listed that is not a roll-top desk and the asking price here is $625. Charish is another site that you can find a few listing for Brandt furniture on the site. They are not currently listing any type of desks right now. The furniture on this site is normally pricy and goes for quite a bit of money. EBay is yet another site that people sell Brandt furniture on and they don't have any desk listed on this site either.

I would like to suggest that your speak to an antique furniture dealer in your area to find out how much this desk is actually worth. You can take the prices of other roll-top desk and some desks that are listed online from Brandt and figure out the real price or the price you'd like for this desk. If this is for the insurance company to insure the desk I would go to a dealer and get a written appraisal for your insurance company.

My boyfriend's grandmother worked at an auction and collected antiques, rare items, and very nice furniture. This is one of the pieces of furniture I'm trying to figure out the right value to sell it for. Can anyone help me out? Unfortunately I don't have the key as far as I know. We might end up finding it, but so far I don't know where it might be.

Anyways thank you for any answers I really appreciate it.

Answers

Best Answer

Brandt is a great furniture name and it really holds its value. I think if I were you I would try and seek some help from an antique shop in your area. I can easily quote some prices that people are trying to sell this furniture for online. But these are the asking price of the furniture and not the selling price or the value the items are worth. I know a shop in your area would be better to find out the value in your region for this item.

Plus trying to list this and sell it online you'll need to include shipping price or ask extra to ship it off to the buyer. If you sell it locally you can save all the trouble. You can also try and sell it yourself but first off visit an antique or vintage furniture shop in your area and check to see what the asking prices are in your area first. This will help you determine how much you'd like to ask for the two pieces of furniture. You can sell them as a set or sell them by themselves.

Determining the manufacturer can help you determine an approximate value of a vintage furniture piece. There are a number of furniture makers with the name Brandt.

Value of a Jack Brandt Chair - wooden cane back chair with upholstered headrest, part of the arms, and a cushion

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Often online auctions can help you determine the value of a furniture piece. When you can't find something similar there, you may need a professional appraiser's help.

This page is about finding the value of a Brandt table.

Information and Value of a Brandt Table

Consumer Advice Collectibles FurnitureJuly 17, 2020
🌻
😷
🐛
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Value-of-Brandt-Furniture.html