Finding the Value of a Brandt Table
Often online auctions can help you determine the value of a furniture piece. When you can't find something similar there, you may need a professional appraiser's help. This guide is about finding the value of a Brandt table
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
I have inherited this beautiful table from my great aunt. I was hoping that someone with knowledge about the brand Brandt or antique furniture could help me identify the table type, quality, age, and maybe even value. I love this table, but would love to know more about it.
October 12, 20171 found this helpful
Brandt furniture search does not give a lot of information except the company closed in 1985 and was reopened by employees in 1986. Information says the company is still in business but other information states there are only 4 employees so it is unlikely any information can be obtained through regular research sources.
- Tables like this are not commonly seen on auction sites (eBay, Etsy, etc.) so even seeing a similar one would be rare.
- I believe your table style could be called a corner table and some list them as a corner lamp table.
- Condition will have a big part in placing a value on any furniture as well as any repairs and such.
- I did find one table on eBay that could be called similar.:
- Insurance appraisals and asking prices on auction sites does not mean the piece would or could be sold for that price,but it reflects only that, an asking price or replacement price.
- I believe your table would be worth somewhere in the $350 - $500 range but that is just from seeing tables sold on sites over the years.
- You would be better off to ask an expert about the value of your table and maybe they could tell the type of wood and when it was made.
- Here are a couple of sites that will give free appraisals and they are usually very good at doing it quickly.
- You can always keep checking eBay and Etsy for similar tables and try to find a sold item instead of just an asking price.
When asking for an appraisal remember to include any information you have as the age, also provide measurements, condition, and several photos.
October 12, 20170 found this helpful
Thank you very much. Your comment was very insightful and helpful in leading me in the right direction.
Answer this Question...
October 13, 20171 found this helpful
The Brandt furniture company opened in 1901 and closed about 1985 it was family owned.
Some one else took over in 1986.
It was in Hagerstown Maryland.
You can study E-Bay for over a months period.
Watch to see if your table is put on look for actual sales not listed prices.
I have searched and cannot find your table anywhere.
You could contact the company they may know.