Finding the Value of a Brandt Table

Category Miscellaneous
Often online auctions can help you determine the value of a furniture piece. When you can't find something similar there, you may need a professional appraiser's help. This guide is about finding the value of a Brandt table.

I have inherited this beautiful table from my great aunt. I was hoping that someone with knowledge about the brand Brandt or antique furniture could help me identify the table type, quality, age, and maybe even value. I love this table, but would love to know more about it.

Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Brandt furniture search does not give a lot of information except the company closed in 1985 and was reopened by employees in 1986. Information says the company is still in business but other information states there are only 4 employees so it is unlikely any information can be obtained through regular research sources.

• Tables like this are not commonly seen on auction sites (eBay, Etsy, etc.) so even seeing a similar one would be rare.
  • I believe your table style could be called a corner table and some list them as a corner lamp table.
  • Condition will have a big part in placing a value on any furniture as well as any repairs and such.
  • I did find one table on eBay that could be called similar.:
  • www.ebay.com/.../391901143732?epid=1262403589&...
  • Insurance appraisals and asking prices on auction sites does not mean the piece would or could be sold for that price,but it reflects only that, an asking price or replacement price.
  • I believe your table would be worth somewhere in the $350 - $500 range but that is just from seeing tables sold on sites over the years.
  • You would be better off to ask an expert about the value of your table and maybe they could tell the type of wood and when it was made.
  • Ad

• Here are a couple of sites that will give free appraisals and they are usually very good at doing it quickly.
  • www.valuemystuff.com/.../antique-furniture
  • antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online
  • You can always keep checking eBay and Etsy for similar tables and try to find a sold item instead of just an asking price.

When asking for an appraisal remember to include any information you have as the age, also provide measurements, condition, and several photos.

How much is this table worth? It's a Brandt table. Photo has the serial number 4030 53 264.

Answers

A similar design on eBay was asking $539

Nice piece!! Thanks for sharing.

The photo is at kind of an odd angle...I am assuming it is a console table or a sofa table? It looks too small and odd shaped to be a dining table.

I did my research just based on the brand and the word table...I am thinking it is a 1940s piece (from the serial number and the look of the piece)...I had a 40s coffee table with similar legs and casters...which is why I am guesstimating its age that way.

Right now here are not any exactly like it on eBay or the other major furniture auctions (that have confirmed sold prices) so I can't give you today's market value (generally). Values are often regional, so my suggestion at the end will give you a way to get that.

The best way to general national value is to find a SOLD example on eBay or one of the other auction sites like Worthpoint. www.worthpoint.com/ . Tables are fairly common and usually you can find a match...sometimes it just takes a little time to keep checking back to the sites.

Here is a little history of the company!!

www.kovels.com/.../brandt-furniture-co.html

They made a lot of nice pieces in their time and many (at least where I am) considered them on the higher end of the spectrum.

That doesn't necessarily mean they held their value (because they were mass produced and sturdy which means there are often a lot of pieces) but since there is NOT one of yours on at the moment, perhaps yours has held its value and people are holding on to them!!

You can always get regional values by taking it (or photos) to a reputable antique dealer. Consider asking for insurance value, which will be higher than retail. You can ask several to get a good idea of the value.

Meanwhile, I will post back if I learn anything, and hope you will do the same!!