Finding the Value of a Brandt Table

Often online auctions can help you determine the value of a furniture piece. When you can't find something similar there, you may need a professional appraiser's help. This page is about finding the value of a Brandt table.

I have inherited this beautiful table from my great aunt. I was hoping that someone with knowledge about the brand Brandt or antique furniture could help me identify the table type, quality, age, and maybe even value. I love this table, but would love to know more about it.

Thanks.

Answers

Best Answer

Brandt furniture search does not give a lot of information except the company closed in 1985 and was reopened by employees in 1986. Information says the company is still in business but other information states there are only 4 employees so it is unlikely any information can be obtained through regular research sources.

• Tables like this are not commonly seen on auction sites (eBay, Etsy, etc.) so even seeing a similar one would be rare.
  • I believe your table style could be called a corner table and some list them as a corner lamp table.
  • Condition will have a big part in placing a value on any furniture as well as any repairs and such.
  • I did find one table on eBay that could be called similar.:
  • www.ebay.com/.../391901143732?epid=1262403589&hash...
  • Insurance appraisals and asking prices on auction sites does not mean the piece would or could be sold for that price,but it reflects only that, an asking price or replacement price.
  • I believe your table would be worth somewhere in the $350 - $500 range but that is just from seeing tables sold on sites over the years.
  • You would be better off to ask an expert about the value of your table and maybe they could tell the type of wood and when it was made.
  • Here are a couple of sites that will give free appraisals and they are usually very good at doing it quickly.
  • www.valuemystuff.com/.../antique-furniture
  • Advertisement

• antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online
  • You can always keep checking eBay and Etsy for similar tables and try to find a sold item instead of just an asking price.

When asking for an appraisal remember to include any information you have as the age, also provide measurements, condition, and several photos.

I picked this up at an auction for $10.00 for personal use because I liked it. The auctioneer said I got a really good deal on it. So now I'm curious as to its value.

Answers

You got a great deal. A pair of the identical tables is being sold on etsy for $435!

www.etsy.com/.../brandt-ranch-oak-rustic-pair-of-step...

Certainly for $10 you scored!

Similar Brandt End Tables:
- www.chairish.com/.../1950s-vintage-brandt-ranch-oak-end...
- www.chairish.com/.../brandt-ranch-oak-rustic-step-end...

That pair has different legs. I saw them. I can find alot of Brandt end tables just not the one I have. But they give me a good idea as to value. Thank you!

I just wish I could locate my table. But your links do give me an idea of value. Thank you!

$10 was a good deal but exactly how much of a deal is yet to be determined.

Your table looks to be of a French style and the tables that everyone shows links are what is called a rough cut country style ranch oak (among other names) and is from around the 1950's and has only a slight resemblance to your table.

Also, it appears that most of these tables are actually the same tables, just listed on numerous sale sites but by the same dealer (eBay, Charish, Bonanza, Etsy and a couple more less known sites).

www.ebay.com/.../182197345017?hash=item2a6bcedaf9...

I believe you will have to find a table like yours that has actually sold before you can know anything about the current value.

You can ask about it on some of the free appraisal sites if you really would like to know more about it. You may need better pictures showing the sides, front and especially the legs.

Pghgirl is very good with this type of furniture so maybe she will have better information about your table.

Sorry, I gave the wrong link to the appraisal site.

www.whatsellsbest.com/.../antiques.html

Hi! It is a pretty table! Love the legs. I am very curious about it and suggest you follow cybergrannie's advice to have it appraised, either through an online site or an in person one. In person would be my suggestion because of what I am going to ponder below:

While I am far from an expert, I am not sure you actually have a Brandt table...I sure hope I am wrong on this one! What has me concerned (and it could be I am miss-seeing thing in the photo) is the metal label appears bent, which I usually see when someone tries to pry it off a table and put it on something else.

Brandt did have step tables, like the rustic ones Judy showed you the link to (those are pretty common), but I don't remember them having the cabriolet style legs on anything other than the dark wood items, or a step table.

Like I said, I am far from an expert, but it has me very curious what you have. Real or not, $10 for a wood piece is a great buy!!

Please post back what a true expert says! I really want to know since I love the MCM furniture and while I am mostly a Mersman gal, I am growing fonder of the Brandt pieces. They are not very prominent where I am though, so all of my study has been from pouring over the internet and dreaming up neat rooms that I would love to have in my home!

Thanks for sharing!

What is my table worth?

Answers

This one was asking $165. www.chairish.com/.../brandt-mahogany-piecrust-table

I have been unable to find a table like yours as most of the Brandt Pie Crust Tables have three legs and yours has four.

Is this a folding table? The bottom of the table looks a little odd?

This table listing is from 2015 but it does look like your table.

www.facebook.com/.../

You might ask for a free appraisal as many times you can find out a lot from an online site.

antiques.lovetoknow.com/Free_Antique_Appraisals_Online

Lovely piece! To help me figure a value, can you tell me if the metal device in the middle is to have the table fold?

It looks like it is in great shape. I just need a little more information!

I thought it was different with 4 legs, yes it does fold

This piece has me so puzzled. The top I can confirm is a Brandt from the markings:

www.furniturecityhistory.org/.../mahogany-association-number

The bottom is what has me puzzled as I have never seen a 4 leg one Brandt tilt table...now it is possible, don't get me wrong, I haven't seen EVERYTHING in the world...but most of the tilt tops were 3 legs (theirs and other brands)--it was kind of their hallmark.

This is a good article about the style:

www.realorrepro.com/.../Tilt-top-tables

You may want to take yours to a reputable antique dealer and have him/her check it out to see what you have and the value.

Please post back what you learn. This just has me so curious!!

Thanks for sharing it! Can't wait to hear what you learn.

I have ask several "antique" people as well as researched and no one has yet said they had ever seen a pie crust table with 4 legs.

These people are somewhat experts with small vintage/antique tables and they have suggested that it appears your table top and the bottom are from different tables (?) as the four legs usually goes with a larger table, either with a square or rectangular top.
They did suggest that you ask an appraiser about this and to be sure and supply them with the Brandt table model number.

Perhaps someone else will have better luck in finding this table style.

I'd like to determine the type, date, and value of this piece, manufactured by Brandt Furniture of Character, company. It appears to be designed to hold books with the angled shelf. It could be a side, book, or magazine table. I haven't been able to find anything similar to it online. Any thoughts or resource suggestions is most appreciated.
Dimensions:
25.5" tall
25.5" wide
13.5" deep

Thank you.

I picked up these two end tables from an estate liquidator for 30 bucks. When I got home I flipped it over and saw the brand so I did a little research on the company. I'm planning on rehabbingthese and would like to know the value of them. If anyone has seen a pair like this sold please let me know. Also I think the topper was just used to protect the table and wasn't original.

Can anyone help me determine the value of this table?

Answers

I am just learning the Brandt values (I am a Mersman gal myself, but love all old furniture so I am branching out).

To get the best value for the piece, you would be best to check with a local vintage store in your area and ask.

My understanding is the pieces with the silver sticker are newer (the company was from the early 1900s to the mid 1980s) and this piece would from the end of their run.

My understanding is also that these pieces in general did not hold their value...selling in most cases under $100. I call these butler tables. The Bombay company used to make a lot of these in the 1980s to mimic vintage styles....I need to do more research to see if Brandt followed this same path...but I am guessing they did!!

The other way to find today's value is to look at Ebay sold auctions and find an exact match. The sold tells you what today's current market value is.

There are none on Ebay at the moment, either sold or active so you may want to check back frequently!

Post back what you decide to sell it for and how much you are paid!!! I love learning values in different parts of the county! THANKS!!

Your table is a real curiosity to me as the size and style do not fit any name I can think of.

• At first glance it appears to be what is traditionally called a butler's table but on closer look it does not seem to have any of the characteristics normally given to that style.
  • Butler tables generally have handles of some sort (as they were generally carried into a room) but some did have removable trays and some were of the folding type but yours does not appear to have any of these features.
  • Maybe I cannot see all of the table?
  • Is it possible there was a glass top at one time? Your table resembles one that I found when doing research so take a look at this listing:
  • www.ebay.com/.../352400717061?hash=item520cb83505...
  • I can only suggest you do some research and ThriftyFun has some past questions that might be of help.
  • www.thriftyfun.com/Finding-the-Value-of-a-Brandt-Table...
  • Kovels answers questions on their forum site but you have to be a member. I believe they have some free membership links. Here is a link to their site.
  • www.kovels.com/forum

They have all different types on eBay. Look for several weeks until you find yours, and see what it actually sells for, if it sells at all.

I have a Brandt drum table and a Butler grandmother clock. Could you possibly tell me how I can find the value of these? I am wanting to sell them.

How much is this table worth? It's a Brandt table. Photo has the serial number 4030 53 264.

Answers

A similar design on eBay was asking $539

Nice piece!! Thanks for sharing.

The photo is at kind of an odd angle...I am assuming it is a console table or a sofa table? It looks too small and odd shaped to be a dining table.

I did my research just based on the brand and the word table...I am thinking it is a 1940s piece (from the serial number and the look of the piece)...I had a 40s coffee table with similar legs and casters...which is why I am guesstimating its age that way.

Right now here are not any exactly like it on eBay or the other major furniture auctions (that have confirmed sold prices) so I can't give you today's market value (generally). Values are often regional, so my suggestion at the end will give you a way to get that.

The best way to general national value is to find a SOLD example on eBay or one of the other auction sites like Worthpoint. www.worthpoint.com/ . Tables are fairly common and usually you can find a match...sometimes it just takes a little time to keep checking back to the sites.

Here is a little history of the company!!

www.kovels.com/.../brandt-furniture-co.html

They made a lot of nice pieces in their time and many (at least where I am) considered them on the higher end of the spectrum.

That doesn't necessarily mean they held their value (because they were mass produced and sturdy which means there are often a lot of pieces) but since there is NOT one of yours on at the moment, perhaps yours has held its value and people are holding on to them!!

You can always get regional values by taking it (or photos) to a reputable antique dealer. Consider asking for insurance value, which will be higher than retail. You can ask several to get a good idea of the value.

Meanwhile, I will post back if I learn anything, and hope you will do the same!!

We purchased a Brandt side table at an antique store. We just fell in love with it. I am curious what year this was made and how much it's worth? I have attached a few pictures. It looks like number in the bottom is 5200 52 706.

I'm looking at a pair of purported Brandt mahogany, square, 2-shelved, tapered-leg end "stands" at auction. One has damage to one of the teeth in the "crust", and both look a little worse for wear--the surfaces appear scratched and water-stained, obviously from use, but there is still a good bit of finish sheen remaining. They appear to be about 2-feet tall. The only image I have is the one available on the auction website, which apparently I'm not permitted to upload here.

I can't seem to locate info on square Brandt pie crust end tables anywhere online, and the crust edge on these tables is unlike any I have seen on any Brandt product I have located online so far. So I am a bit dubious as to the autenticity of the product.

Can anyone lead me to a source online for more information about square end tables by Brandt? Any help would be graciously accepted.

Thanks!

Is this old table worth anything since the top has been replaced?

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Vintage FurnitureMarch 2, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃