Making a Mini Carrot Table Runner
You can use any number of fabric scraps to make this fun table runner. It is great for your Easter table or any time. This is a page about making a mini carrot table runner
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great project to use up fabric scraps. You can use as many different fabrics as you want to make this unique carrot table runner.
- thin cardboard for template
- pen or pencil
- orange fabric scraps
- green fabric (1/4 yd. per color)
- sewing machine
- rotary cutter and mat, optional
- orange thread for top stitching, optional
- Create a template for the carrot using thin cardboard. My carrot template measures 10 inches x 18 inches.
- Cut triangular strips of orange fabric. They can be wide or narrow and need to extend at least 1/2 inch past the edges of the template. Sew the strips together, until it is slightly longer than the template. Press seams. NOTE: Be sure to test fit the template onto the fabric frequently to make sure you have proper coverage.
- Cut out a piece of orange fabric (using the template) for the back of the table runner.
- Tear (or cut) your green fabric into strips about 1-2 inches wide and the length of the fabric. Then cut each strip into 4 equal pieces.
- Arrange the green strips to your liking. Now pin them, right side up, onto the carrot backing.
- Pin the carrot back to the front, right sides together. Make sure that the green strips aren't going to get sewn into the seams.
- Sew the carrot pieces together, leaving an opening to turn it right side out. Tie off the threads.
- Cut off the excess fabric, snip the end off the carrot, and clip the curves.
- Turn right side out and press with an iron.
- Sew the opening shut and top stitch, if desired.
This little fabric table runner can be customized in your favorite carrot colors. Learn how to make it in this short video.