Mini Carrot Table Runner
This is a great project to use up fabric scraps. You can use as many different fabrics as you want to make this unique carrot table runner.
- thin cardboard for template
- pen or pencil
- orange fabric scraps
- green fabric (1/4 yd. per color)
- sewing machine
- rotary cutter and mat, optional
- orange thread for top stitching, optional
- Create a template for the carrot using thin cardboard. My carrot template measures 10 inches x 18 inches.
- Cut triangular strips of orange fabric. They can be wide or narrow and need to extend at least 1/2 inch past the edges of the template. Sew the strips together, until it is slightly longer than the template. Press seams. NOTE: Be sure to test fit the template onto the fabric frequently to make sure you have proper coverage.
- Cut out a piece of orange fabric (using the template) for the back of the table runner.
- Tear (or cut) your green fabric into strips about 1-2 inches wide and the length of the fabric. Then cut each strip into 4 equal pieces.
- Arrange the green strips to your liking. Now pin them, right side up, onto the carrot backing.
- Pin the carrot back to the front, right sides together. Make sure that the green strips aren't going to get sewn into the seams.
- Sew the carrot pieces together, leaving an opening to turn it right side out. Tie off the threads.
- Cut off the excess fabric, snip the end off the carrot, and clip the curves.
- Turn right side out and press with an iron.
- Sew the opening shut and top stitch, if desired.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.