Ink and Marker off of Vinyl

How do I remove ink from a white vinyl chair? I have tried everything that I have read about or someone recommended and nothing has worked. Some areas of the ink have become lighter, but never gone. It is blue pen ink.

By xintexas

Best Answer

Try turpentine and steel wool. Scrub gently and wipe clean. Do this a few times, then wipe clean with water. Worked for same problem I had, on bright orange vinyl and didn't strip the paint or anything.

Anonymous

Nothing worked on my white chairs to remove ink, so I tried 'ACETONE' . It did the job very well, but you have to try on small area first as this is a solvent and may strip the paint. I rubbed very gently little by little and it worked. It seemed to remove bit of shine of the vinyl, but I used the 'Marveer' furniture polish to bring the shine back. I only used it on white vinyl and probably would be careful with the colour vinyl.

I just cleaned ballpoint pen ink from my vinyl tablecloth with
Barkeeper's Friend soft cleanser. Didn't rub hard for fear of damaging the surface. Looks good to me.