Instant Pot Beef Shank Vegetable Broth Soup
This is a versatile recipe that can be served many ways. This was made and served for lunch and dinner.
At lunch served with leftover, refrigerated rice topped with this beef shank vegetable broth soup and side of french baguette bread.
At dinner served with your choice of pasta or noodles boiled (rice noodles would be ideal but we had casarecce pasta only).
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 people
- 1.5 lb beef shank with bone
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 6 crimini mushrooms
- 5-6 rainbow carrots
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 yellow onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- Optional green onions
- Optional cilantro
- Wash and prep ingredients. Chop carrots, potatoes, minced garlic and rosemary. Separately chop cilantro and green onions (optional: for topping and set aside for later use).
- Dash of salt and pepper on beef shank (both sides).
- On Instant Pot setting, select Meat/Stew because we want our meat tender. Pour water in and add meat.
- Add dried thyme, rosemary, minced garlic, yellow onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, tomato paste and Worcestershire.
- Now add the remaining ingredients; carrots, potatoes, mushrooms. Shut instant pot and wait until timer is up.
- Once timer is up, give your soup a nice stir. Taste and add any other sauces/spices if needed. Add green onions and cilantro for garnishing.
- For lunch instead of reheating rice, you can use leftover cold rice right out of the fridge into a bowl and pour in your beef shank vegetable broth soup. Served with side of bread.
- For dinner boil your choice of pasta or noodle and serve over beef shank vegetable broth soup.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!