Instant Pot Cranberry Orange Marmalade

I was craving my mum's homemade orange marmalade the other morning but had ran out of it. She uses lots of orange zest in hers, which I love. So I thought I'd try to remake it with a bit of a twist in my Instant Pot... because I wanted it in an instant! I added fresh cranberries to it since we have so many around for the holidays. What a tangy delight! I'll be making plenty of jars to give out for the holidays.

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 40 minutes

Total Time: 55 minutes plus cool time

1. Use a mandolin or sharp knife to cut the oranges into thin slices. Discard the tops and bottoms. If you'd like your marmalade to have less zest, remove the zest from half the oranges and just use the inner fruit.
  2. Place orange slices in the Instant Pot with 1 cup water.
  3. Place lid on Instant Pot and set to Pressure Cook for 10 minutes. Make sure venting is closed. When the timer goes off, allow machine to vent on its own.
  4. Pour in 1 cup of sugar and stir.
  5. Set Instant Pot to Saute mode.
  6. Add cranberries and cook with the lid off, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon. Keep adding sugar to taste as the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens. My oranges were particularly sweet so I did not have to add too much sugar.
  7. Keep cooking and stirring until an inserted candy thermometer placed in the center reaches 223 degrees F. If you don't have a thermometer, place a teaspoon of the mixture on a cold plate and let it sit for 30 seconds. When you tilt the plate, it should move very slowly. If it runs easily, it needs more cooking time.
  8. Marmalade is ready when thick and jelly-like. Allow to cool, then transfer to clean jars and refrigerate.

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsDecember 13, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃