Orange Marmalade Recipes

Category Jam & Jelly
Marmalade is a type of preserve typically made from citrus fruit including the rind. Consider adding shredded carrots for a tangy sweet treat. Try one or all of these orange marmalade recipes.

This is a delicious and healthy recipe. It's one way of getting your kids to eat veggies!

• 6 cups grated carrots
  • 5 cups sugar
  • 8 cups water
  • 6 oranges
  • 4 lemons

Directions:

Remove peel from oranges and lemons, using as little of the white pith as possible. Finely chop the peel of all the oranges and two lemons. Soak the peel in cold water over night and drain. Remove the membranes from the orange pieces. Add the peel and the oranges to the carrots and cook until tender in as little water as possible. Add sugar and the 8 cups water and cook until thick and clear. Add the juice of the 4 lemons and cook 5 minutes.

Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head space. Can in water bath canner for 10 minutes.

Source: Modified slightly from the 1938 edition of the Kerr Canning Guide.

By Free2B from North Royalton, OH

I was craving my mum's homemade orange marmalade the other morning but had ran out of it. She uses lots of orange zest in hers, which I love, so I thought I'd try to remake it with a bit of a twist in my Instant Pot...

because I wanted it in an instant! I added fresh cranberries to it since we have so many around for the holidays. What a tangy delight! I'll be making plenty of jars to give out for the holidays.

• 2 cups ground raw carrots
  • 1 orange
  • 2 lemons
  • sugar
  • 3 cups water

Directions:

Squeeze the orange and lemons saving the juice. Then grind the rinds and cook in enough water to cover until tender (about 30 minutes). Add the ground carrots and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).

Add the orange and lemon juice. Measure the mixture and add 2/3 cup sugar to each cup of mixture. Pour into sterilized jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Put on caps and tighten firmly. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes. Makes 5 8 oz jars.

By Sandy from Graettinger, IA

I am looking for a recipe for orange marmalade.

Answers

By Jane (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I found a good one at surejell.com

Food and Recipes Recipes Condiments Jam & JellyDecember 18, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻