Ironing Clothes Without an Iron

1
Share
Pin
Save
Follow
Print

I recently stayed overnight at a friend's house. To my misfortune, my clothes for the next day got crumpled in my bag and she did not have an iron. In the morning, I made us hardboiled eggs and used the boiling hot water with pot (covered) as an iron. I used one of her towels as an ironing board and smoothed the wrinkles out of my clothing.

It worked perfectly! But I think I know what I'm getting my friend for Christmas.

If you are using this and have a pot with ridges on the bottom, put a piece of foil under it to protect your clothes.

4 More Solutions

Don't have an iron? Use your curling iron to straighten your hems. After curling your hair, simply run the curling iron along the hems of your cotton or cotton-blend clothes.

We all have tossed away "fabric softener" sheets; but if you have clothing coming out of the dryer wrinkled or have clothing that is wrinkled coming off of a hanger...

In an emergency clothing situation, spritz the piece of clothing with a spray bottle of water and blow with your hair dryer to remove wrinkles. No iron needed. This is a page about using a hair dryer to remove wrinkles in clothes.

A hair dryer being used to remove wrinkles from a shirt.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

With some folded cardboard and clothespins you can flatten your shirt lapel without needing to use an iron. This is a page about flatten shirt lapel without an iron.

Flatten Shirt Lapel Without an Iron

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryMarch 22, 2013
🌻
👔
🐛
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Ironing-Clothes-Without-an-Iron.html