Ironing Clothes Without an Iron

Category Laundry
With a little creativity you can successfully remove clothing wrinkles without an iron. This page has advice about how to remove wrinkles from clothing without an iron.

I recently stayed overnight at a friend's house. To my misfortune, my clothes for the next day got crumpled in my bag and she did not have an iron. In the morning, I made us hardboiled eggs and used the boiling hot water with pot (covered) as an iron. I used one of her towels as an ironing board and smoothed the wrinkles out of my clothing. It worked perfectly! But I think I know what I'm getting my friend for Christmas.

If you are using this and have a pot with ridges on the bottom, put a piece of foil under it to protect your clothes.

Don't have an iron? Use your curling iron to straighten your hems. After curling your hair, simply run the curling iron along the hems of your cotton or cotton-blend clothes. This works best for jean skirts that roll, but can be used for many other pieces of clothing as well, including collars that bend.

If you're afraid the curling iron may melt your garment, use the blow dryer instead. Simply spray lightly with water, pull garment taut and blow the fabric dry.

By Cyinda from the Seattle-Tacoma area

With some folded cardboard and clothespins you can flatten your shirt lapel without needing to use an iron. This is a guide about flatten shirt lapel without an iron.

Flatten Shirt Lapel Without an Iron

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

We all have tossed away "fabric softener" sheets; but if you have clothing coming out of the dryer wrinkled or have clothing that is wrinkled coming off of a hanger, wet one of the fabric sheets that you were going to toss away and let the dryer run for 5 minutes. No more wrinkles and a hint of fresh scent remains.