It's Easy to Grow a Pineapple Plant

I wondered if I could use that big top from a pineapple I had bought at the grocer's and so I researched and found out that I can grow a plant from it! Here's how you can too!

Total Time: Just moments to prep and plant and nature does the rest.

Cut the top "way back" to leave only the convex curved plug where the pineapple leaves meet at the top of the pineapple and peel off the outer leaves. See photos.

Plant in some potting soil and wait!

The few outer leaves may die off and that's fine. The new leaves start in the very center. This is the plant at about 1 and 1/2 months. It's just small now, but I wanted to share this while pineapples are still abundant in the grocery stores so you can start your own for some winter fun!

This is super cool, I am going to try this!

Before I put mine in the soil, I put it in a glass of water so the roots can start. You only want a small amount of water, so it doesn't cover any of the leaves. I've actually had mine in a glass with water for a year and just planted it in potting soil last week. Just cut off dead leaves as needed. It will NOT produce fruit!

It takes a pineapple plant two years to develop the fruit. You will need at least two mature plants to get them started.

They are similar to a peach tree. You need two peach trees, one of each gender, to start the fruit process.

Home and Garden Gardening Growing FruitSeptember 23, 2014
🐛
😎
📓
😷
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Its-Easy-to-Grow-a-Pineapple-Plant.html