Jackie's Chicken Salad

I love crisp cold crunchy chicken salad. I like it on a lettuce leaf, in a pita pocket with lettuce & tomato, or topped on a plate of salad. It is a wonderful cold summertime meal, though I do make it once in a while other times of year.

1. Using a large saucepan, add chicken broth and thawed rinsed chicken.
  2. Advertisement

3. Add the seasonings, celery and onion to the broth. Let this boil for about 30 minutes until chicken is tender and falling apart.
  4. Remove chicken onto a plate to cool.
  5. Pour the broth into a bowl to cool. Cover and freeze this chicken broth for another time. It is all seasoned and ready to use.
  6. I use my clean hands to break the chicken apart, and shred it. I prefer it shredded than in large pieces or chunks of chicken.
  7. Put chicken into a mixing bowl. Add celery, cucumber, fresh basil, dill, black pepper, seasoning salt, sugar, cider vinegar and mayonnaise.
  8. Advertisement

9. Stir very well until mixed. Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Food and Recipes Recipes Salads ChickenJune 30, 2016
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Jackies-Chicken-Salad.html