Sticky Fingers Chicken Salad
August 11, 2020
This is a recipe my daughter passed onto me. It is quick and easy and tasty! A good summertime recipe too.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 8 to 10 pieces cooked frozen chicken tenders or nugget, cut into bite size piecess
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 cups salad greens
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- Ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut cooked frozen cooked chicken into bite size pieces. In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, combine the hot sauce, brown sugar and water. Stir and cook until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat and let stand a couple minutes to slightly thicken. Place the chicken fingers into the sauce in pan, simmer and stir for 10 minutes until they become coated with sauce and "sticky." Use tongs to turn chicken fingers so they get coated entirely with sauce.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine lettuce, dried cranberries, carrots and cheese. Divide the salad mixture between 4 plates. Top each salad with desired amount of chopped chicken fingers and dressing of choice.
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
August 11, 20200 found this helpful
Yum! This looks like a good recipe for summer. The chicken mixture reminds me of the filling for lettuce wraps. That might be a good alternative to the salad, with all the same flavors.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.