Jalapeño Cheese Sauce
I put this recipe together for one of my best friends who adores spicy cheese sauce, mostly for steamed veggies and French fries. We used to order spicy cheese fries on indulgence-days, but soon realized they always costed way too much for what they were. Making it from scratch also knocks out the probability that you're eating more chemicals than you think. Give this super creamy cheese sauce a try!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 13 minutes
Yield: 4 servings as topping
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 Tbsp pickled jalapeno rings, minced
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour. Cook until mixture is lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often, until thickened, a few minutes.
- Switch heat to low. Whisk in cream cheese and mustard.
- Remove from heat and add shredded cheese. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in jalapenos.
- Serve in a bowl for dipping, or pour on your veg! I baked these fries for my bestie. Sprinkle with more diced jalapenos, if desired.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.