Japanese Sweet Potato Rice
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
October 29, 2018
It is sweet potato season and I love it! One of my favourite ways to use up sweet potato is inside this warm and comforting rice dish. It's really easy to make and creates a great side for any entree. I used a rice cooker here but you can use whatever method you usually cook your rice.
- 2 cups short grain rice
- 2.25 cups water
- 1 medium sized sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2" cubes
- dash of salt
- black and white sesame seeds
- Place rice in a medium pot or your rice cooker. Pour in water, then lay diced sweet potatoes on top.
- If you're using a rice cooker, turn it on and wait until it's done. If using a pot, cover it with a lid, then heat on medium. When water begins to simmer, let cook for 11 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to rest for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
- Use a big spoon to mix and fluff the rice. To serve, sprinkle with a dash of salt and sesame seeds.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.