Java Rice

A coworker and I once argued about why our rice breakfast is yellow. She's been really curious about the color. I told her it's margarine and butter that made it yellow and she was not convinced. The staff approached us and asked what's our problem and then we both asked what they put on that rice. She smiled and said it was butter and annato seeds. Haha! I won the debate. Lol!

But making this food is a challenge for me. Annato seeds are not just natural food coloring for most dishes. It also enhances the flavor. Let me show you how to make java rice with annato seeds.

• 1 Tbsp Annato seeds
  • 4 cups cooked rice
  • 2 Tbsp butter or cooking oil
  • Minced garlic and onion
  • spring onions chopped
  • salt and pepper
  • seasoning mix (optional)

1. Heat some butter or oil in pan then add a tablespoon of annato seeds.
  2. When oil turns yellow, remove all the seeds in it.
  3. Saute minced garlic and onion in the annato oil. You may want to add seasoning or you can just season it with salt and pepper.
  4. Put in the rice when garlic turns light brown. Stir.
  5. Add spring onions (Leave some for garnish). Stir continuously until everything is incorporated.
  6. Serve hot and garnish with chopped spring onions or fried garlic. This is best paired with barbecue, according to some kitchen experts.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Food and Recipes Recipes RiceSeptember 11, 2020
😷
🎃
🎂
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Java-Rice-1.html