Making Ginger Garlic Cilantro Rice
Fresh ginger, garlic, and cilantro are cooked with the rice resulting in a delicious, fragrant, colorful dish.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is by far one of my favourite rice dishes. It's easy to make and it's always such a hit. The ginger and garlic are so beautifully fragrant, and the cilantro gives the rice a beautiful green glow.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups dry rice
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in rice and stir for 3 minutes, until golden.
- Stir in broth and salt.
- Drop in the cilantro. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until rice is tender, 16-17 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let it sit, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, then serve.