Jigsaw Puzzle Edge Pieces Won't Stay Together

When I'm assembling a jigsaw puzzle, the pieces keep coming apart (the end pieces) therefore I'm spend too much time reassembling what I''ve already completed. And it's irritating. What can I do to help, and yet still preserve the puzzle for use again?

You might need to file the edges down. This will help the pieces fit together better, and let you use it again.

You could try putting clear removable tape on the end pieces. I don't think it will damage them, but I've never tried it. Good luck!

Hi,

Depending on the number of puzzle pieces, I will actually tape down packaging tape (sticky side up) to the surface I am working on. This keeps the pieces in place.

The tape is not strong enough to destroy the puzzle pieces but at the same time, it is strong enough to hold them down :)

Blessings,

Robyn

Try assembly on a large piece of felt. The old fashioned kind you can usually buy by the yard.

Or if you have table pads with felt on the back, flip and use that. It keeps the pieces from slipping.