Keeping Bats Out of My House

Is it true that Xmas lights and decorations keep bats away from your home? I have a bat house already, but they keep coming in my house. I know they keep bugs away, but I'm scared of them. I just put a Xmas tree on my porch is this just a myth? Help! Please.

Anonymous
Best Answer

The only way that is 100% effective is to seal off the entire colony.

Best Answer

My dad just had a colony settle in his attic and the only way to get rid of them is with a trapper. He came in and installed some kind of pipe so that they could fly out but not come back in. It took several weeks but they finally got them out of the house. For some reason, every June, he would get bats and by July they were gone. This year though they came in April and we believe it was because of the mild winter we had here in the east and they returned from migration early. You need to get a professional to take care of the problem. They make a mess out of your house which can cause health issues. He tried all the tricks like noise makers, lighting up the outside of the house, etc. The professional will find where they come in and seal up the holes. Worth the money believe me!

The only sure way to keep them out is to seal any areas where they can get in.

Bats getting into your house can be a serious problem that will probably take some work to fix. Christmas lights have been suggested but here are some links that will give you all the information you need.

www.homeremedyhacks.com/.../

www.wildlife-removal.com/bat-prevention.html

www.wildlife-removal.com/bat.htm