Keeping Cat from Scratching Wound

A few days ago I noticed a really bad scab on my cat's jaw. Now today I woke up and he'd been scratching it so much that it basically formed a tiny hole. My mom won't take him to the vet because we have no money or gas.

I've been doing all I can by cleaning it and trying to wrap it up, but it's difficult due to the placement of the wound. Tomorrow I might be having a friend's mom take me to her vet. But does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep him from scratching until then?

By Meagan H

I took a knee elastic support and just cut out for the arms and so far she hasn't been scratching. I also put med. for hot spots on her before covering her scratches.

I have cats who like to play a little rough at times and really really hate the vets! - my hands are covered in scratches which end up staying as scars....

I now use the Dr Max Powers Scar Serum twice a day for just short of a week, I have noticed the smaller scars on my hands have started to fade (they aren't noticeable to others, but as I know where they are I can still just see them). Its certainly a product that I am going to keep using.

Pets CatsJune 12, 2013
🍀
💘