Keeping Kitchen Tools Handy

Category Kitchen
Having your tools easy to find when you need them, makes working in the kitchen more enjoyable. This guide is about keeping kitchen tools handy.

I keep my measuring spoons on a magnetic hook on the side of my microwave above my stovetop. I keep another set of measuring spoons on a magnetic hook on the side of my refrigerator beside my counter that has my stand mixer and food preparation area.

I also keep a plastic spoon and knife in the margarine tub for measuring or dipping out a spoonful of butter or just to butter toast! I just run hot water over the plastic spoon and knife after use, dry it off, and place it back into the butter tub.

I use two fairly large vases on my counter to store my mixing spoons, spatulas, ladles etc. They look pretty and are always handy. Make sure thay are fairly heavy so thay don't tip over easily. I also saved a large oatmeal box and store small seldom used kitchen items like candy thermometer, cake tester, bottle stoppers etc. and wrote on the outside small kitchen items. I have two bottle openers with magnets that I keep on the range hood, seems that is where we open the most cans and jars. also a timer with a magnetic back is useful.

I understand about the magnetic utensils on side of microwave and refrigerator, but I don't understand keeping the utensil in the butter container. Isn't the handle on the spoon/knive too long and would interfere with putting the lid back on the margerine/butter container?

I mean seriously, how difficult and time consuming can it be to reach in a drawer to retrieve a spoon/knife to spread butter.....maybe 10 seconds or less? Really?