Keeping Rabbits Out of Tulips

Category Rabbits
Bunnies are extremely cute, except for when they are enjoying the flowers and plants in your garden for lunch. This is a guide about keeping rabbits out of tulips.

With spring coming in the next month or so how do I keep rabbits away from my tulips? I know there are things you can buy to sprinkle in the garden, but I am wondering if anyone has any tips that really work!

Answers

Best Answer

The only way is to put up a chicken wire fence. Make sure you dig down deep so they can't dig underneath. Anything I have sprayed on must be reapplied after a rain or watering, which is a big commitment on your part.

Best Answer

Are the rabbits eating the flowers or the bulbs? if they are eating the bulbs (as squirrels often do) there are small bulb cages you can buy. You place the bulb in the cage and bury it. The bulb shoots up through a hole in the cage, but the critters cant bite thru it to eat the bulb.

Keeping dogs or cats around would keep 'pest' populations at bay. Also some people say that purchasing and spraying cat or other urine is a deterrent as well.