Keeping Rug from Sliding on Hardwood

I have a large braided rug in front of my door, on the hard wood flooring. It keeps sliding around everywhere except where I want it to stay?

By Lisa Wayne Herschbach S.

The rolled mats in dollar stores for shelf liners - are rubberized. Cut to fit the rug, or cut to place under where the foot meets the rug initially. Try that. Also works between mattress and box springs to keep them from sliding apart. Good stuff!

The shelf liners stop working pretty quickly. I've used them to keep my mattress still on the box spring, as well with no luck.
I have MS and preventing falls is a serious matter. I tried some clear silicone caulk like you would use in bathrooms and kitchens. It works well so far.

My other experiment is fixing one side of long heavy duty velcro strips to the floor and the opposite velcro side to the carpet. So far, so good. I get the large rolls of green velcro in gardening departments of major DIY stores. It seems to be less expensive in gardening than it is in sewing and arts and crafts departments. Hope this helps!

I used two small sink mats that have suctions on the bottom. They are like bathtub mats but are smaller and it works great!