Keeping Track of Gift Ideas

I keep a file on my computer in "my documents" for gift ideas. Whenever I run across a particular idea for a handmade gift or a basket gift or even something to buy for a gift, I will save the picture and write beside it my thoughts. Whenever someone's birthday or a holiday is close I go to my gift document and look for inspiration. Often I "pin" something on my doc especially good for a particular friend or family member.

If it is something to make I also make sure that the label next to the "pin" is the same name of the doc I label, with instructions for making it along with ideas for how to give it and to whom. This often inspires me to make a gift that is more thoughtful for each person. You could also "pin" this onto a special Pinterest page. It works for me!

By susan