Keeping a Cat from Licking and Scratching Its Wound

My cat would not stop licking and scratching its wound behind its neck removing fur and causing scabbing. I got a really great idea to get one of the dog harnesses that is fabric with Velcro and it has really helped and now his skin is healing wonderfully! Plus my cat does not hate it at all. It's worked out better than a cone!

What a great idea! I am glad you enclosed the picture because the kind of harness my dog wears would not help at all and I was wondering what you meant! NOW I know and that harness looks snug and comfortable on your cat. You have come up with a real winner of an idea that I'll be using!

That's such a great idea really cuz my cat his sore is in the same spot on his neck and we tried to Cone takes it off we try wrapping it everything and every time it gets to itching when it gets a little be scab on it he scratches off and then he has a sore of like 2-inch by 2-inch and then he'll start scratching it until it looks like hamburger flaking off and it breaks my heart no matter what medicine we put on so thank you I'll try that

Hey! That harness is a brilliant idea, I think it would be just what I need! Ive got this full body suit called Suitacle as the mo but I think he finds it too restrictive and just mopes in it. Did you grab the harness from online by any chance?

Thank you!!